Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: New member, patella ORIF surgery completed this morning.  (Read 549 times)

Offline Hello_angelo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New member, patella ORIF surgery completed this morning.
« on: January 31, 2014, 06:12:52 AM »
Just popping in to say hello and get some input from you all on your experiences with this particular surgery. I feel as if this forum will be an invaluable resource over the coming months so I figured I would say hello on the day of my surgery!

It was a vertical fracture, a low speed motorcycle slide was what did it. Luckily it was very clean split and the surgery went exceptionally smoothly. I'm just curious about how the recovery was and how the hardware has been to anyone who would like to share. Did you have trouble regaining full ROM? Does the hardware bother you? Did you opt to remove it? I'm just curious about your experiences, so please feel free to share your stories with someone who is very new to the whole broken bone thing :)

I'm 22 and am very active, so I'm crossing my fingers for a full recovery so I can cycle and run back at the level I used to before my injury. I suppose only time and a lot of healing will tell!