Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Kinespring knee system  (Read 5533 times)

Offline CrossTrainFit

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Kinespring knee system
« on: January 28, 2014, 05:04:29 PM »
I am a 52yr old runner with medial rt knee degeneration. I am having surgery next Tuesday as part of the SOAR study. I still row & spin bike but everyday walking is a problem. I also have modified my work as an ED & recovery nurse due to knee pain. Ready to do this but a little nervous about recovery!

Offline rbfd19

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Kinespring knee system
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 10:19:18 PM »
Let us know how it goes.  How did you find out about the study?  Did you actively seek the study or did your Doctor(s) mention it?  Best of luck on Tuesday.
01/14 Partial meniscectomy medial/lateral right knee, lateral menisci discoid

Offline CrossTrainFit

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 04:01:28 PM »
I had the surgery last tues. Initially the pain wasn't too bad but after I went home the next day every time I moved was a severe tearing/shearing pain. I did receive a fem nerve block along with local numbing(exparel). So when they wore off...Post op day # 4 was better although I didn't expect this much pain. I have had a double mast with reconstruction & total hysterectomy, in jan 2011 (+BRCA mutation) all in one surgery & was walking on the treadmill (drains & all) in 5 days. So I thought I was going to get right back to moving around.  This pain is so much worse! I am finally getting around with hand held crutches & hydrocodone 15mg & ibuprofen 600 mg 3xday It wears off after 4 hours but I'm holding out. I was given oxycodone for breakthrough pain but it just made me feel bad. Still a lot of swelling & bigger incisions then I expected. Hopefully next week I will have made much more progress!
I was referred by an orthopedic MD co-worker. None of our surgeons had heard of the study. Also I was told that my knee, although meeting criteria for the study preop, looked much worse on scope then originally thought. Bummer.

Offline rbfd19

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 03:05:13 AM »
Hopefully the pain will get progressively better. 
01/14 Partial meniscectomy medial/lateral right knee, lateral menisci discoid

support