Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Miniscal Cyst  (Read 863 times)

Offline jack1912

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Miniscal Cyst
« on: January 26, 2014, 01:15:22 PM »
Hi All,

I'm a newbie to this site and looking for some advice.

I had a knee arthroscopy in Oct 2013 to relieve knee symptoms of clicking , giving way and instability.

After an MRI was not fully conclusive i opted for the surgery.  The surgeon found i has a miniscus tear along with a bone growth which was stopping my knee from straightening and there surfaces of the knee were pitted. The surgeon repaired and trimmed the Miniscus and cut away the bone spur and shaved the pitted bone surfaces.

All symptoms have been resolved apart from i've now got a miniscus medial cyst which wasn't there before surgery. This is sitting on the joint line on the medial side and is quite uncomfortable to sleep with.

I've returned to my surgeon and he has suggested i leave it alone for six months as i'm about to enter the tennis season and see what happens. I have no knee pain and no symptoms however i'm concerned whether this cyst could burst or get larger. Is there any non surgical things i can do to reduce the cyst or can it go on its own?

Thanks in advance if anybody can advise.

Offline ttinok

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Miniscal Cyst
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 11:39:54 AM »
Curious how you are doing.  I have a similar cyst in the same place, but mine gives me problems throughout the day.  I had it aspirated, but it came back & am now opting to have it removed later this month.  Aspiration works about 50% of the time, but if you don't fix the underlying problem it will refill.  Mine has gotten larger over the last 5 months & the arms/roots feel like they are working their way around my MCL.  I tried essential oils, massage, compression, detoxing w/ red clay & nothing has worked for me...

If you are still online, please give me an update.

Thanks, Toni