Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Pain Bellow Right Knee On Top of Tibia  (Read 665 times)

Offline Skibum680

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pain Bellow Right Knee On Top of Tibia
« on: January 21, 2014, 10:52:59 PM »
A week and a half ago I landed on my right knee pretty hard playing a pickup game of touch football. It hurt a bit at the time but I was able to continue playing without any issues. I was Running and cutting without any problem. Then last week I went to do my regular lower body routine at the gym and found that when I went to do squats it was very painful to bend down and put pressure on the effected area. Because of this I took the week off for my lower body to let it rest.

It felt much better by the weekend and had no issue running. I decided it would be fine to toss the football around with my buddies again and, of course, ended up landing awkwardly on the same knee again. Hurt much more than the first time and had to sit out the rest of the game. The effected area is right bellow the right knee on the very top of the Tibia, where I would describe there is a tinny bump (This bump is on both knees, not caused by the injury, just trying to be specific as possible describing the location).

It doesn't particularly bother me when I am walking around but it is extremely painful to touch the effected area which is slightly smaller then a quarter. It is also pretty painful to bend the knee with any weight or preform activities such as going up stairs or putting on socks that put added pressure on the area. It is also painful to jog, or preform anything other then a walking pace.

Is resting my best course of action or should I be more concerned?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:56:13 PM by Skibum680 »

Offline vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 420
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Pain Bellow Right Knee On Top of Tibia
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 06:51:05 PM »
Assuming RICE protocol followed, exercise modified and no improvement seen, go see a doctor.  A diagnosis needs a medical professional to examine the knee

It could be a million and one things as the knee is a very complex joint with lots of different bits, so any speculation on the internet is ill advised

Good luck :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

support