Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee pain 6 months post op - is their something wrong???  (Read 642 times)

Offline beckieleach

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee pain 6 months post op - is their something wrong???
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:57:08 PM »
Hi, I am seeking some advice or seeing if anyone else has had the same problem. I am a 31 year old female who has had bilateral (??) ACL reconstruction after dammaging them playing Rugby. Basically I have had both opperated on within 10 weeks of eachother and they could not have been more different. My left - the one I am having problems with now was the first one to be operated. I had that one done 6 months ago and right from the start was a problem - muscles not firing etc. Now I am up to jumping, SAQ, running type activites and going to the gym 4/5 times a week lifting weights (squats, lunges etc). my right (4 months post op) is totally fine, my left hurts all the way accross the top of my knee cap and sometimes on the outer side of my knee. I cant do a single leg squat - or only a fraction of a movement. it just feels 'wrong'. Even walking up/down stairs!. Any advice/ comments are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Beckie