Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Had surgery 3 days ago…  (Read 691 times)

Offline kneedeepintennis

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Had surgery 3 days ago…
« on: January 05, 2014, 06:57:54 PM »
Hi All -- I'm new to this site. Tore my ACL playing tennis on Sept. 11 and just had surgery on Jan. 2. I tried the narcotic meds my doc gave me and had some sort of weird allergic reaction (rash, soreness in arms, swollen face), so I stopped. The pain is actually manageable without it. I think the ice and CPM machine are helping enormously. I am also taking Arnica pellets, which seems to help a lot of people manage pain after surgery. (Christine Northrup recommends them before and after.) Has anyone tried them and did they help? I notice my calf is pretty bruised and swollen, and I'm wondering if the Arnica might help with that. Also, could the fact that I'm not in excruciating pain be credit to the PT that I did for months prior to surgery or is that pure luck -- so far, anyway?

Offline shaush1977

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Had surgery 3 days ago…
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 10:24:04 PM »
Good luck with your recovery! I'm supposed to have my ACL reconstructed on the 17th. As for the Arnica, I have taken it in the past following other surgeries and it has worked really well for the bruising. You can keep taking the pellets, but if you really want to see a difference, you should pick up the Arnica Surgery PAck. I can't remember how many capsules there are, but you only take them for a few days after surgery. This is what I took. You can also use Arnica gel/cream topically on the bruises to help then fade quicker.

Offline kneedeepintennis

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 06:49:50 PM »
Thanks for responding. I didn't know about the surgery pack. I got a follow up call from a nurse this morning and I asked her about arnica. She thought it might interfere with the aspirin that I am taking daily to avoid blood clots. She suggested I check with my surgeon, so I have a call into him about it. Do you know anything about that? Good luck with your surgery! J.

Offline shaush1977

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 10:40:23 PM »
I've never heard anything about it interfering with Aspirin. I curious to hear what your dr says about it 

support