Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Hope somebody can help...  (Read 672 times)

Offline shaush1977

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hope somebody can help...
« on: December 30, 2013, 03:37:13 AM »
I injured myself 2 months ago resulting in a complete tear of my ACL. Since then, I have regained all my strength, and I'm able to flex my leg fully (my foot can touch my butt). I can even do workouts that involve jumping and squatting (though I still can't do twisting moves). When sitting, I can extend my leg within about 2 degrees of full extension, but cannot hyperextend/lockout. When walking, if I really focus, I can walk without a noticeable limp. My problem is that I have to always be conscious of my knee or it will buckle. Every time I fully extend my leg when taking a step, it buckles and is very painful-this happens every time! I also can't roll over in bed, or get into the car without a lot of pain.

My ACLr is in three weeks, but in the meantime, I'm afraid I'm going to do more damage to my knee. As of right now, I've only been diagnosed with with a torn ACL and bone bruise. I'm hoping somebody here can give me some ideas to help ease this problem.  Does this sound like it's from the ACL tear, or do you think I have injured something else?

Thanks in advance!

Offline hnmead

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Hope somebody can help...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 06:17:20 AM »
It does sound like symptoms from your ACL, I had the same problem (buckling when fully extended). Do you have an immobilizer brace? Or any kind of brace? My doctor made me wear mine until the surgery, which was extremely annoying but helped with those problems. Especially getting in/out of the car. Maybe you could ask your doctor for one. Insurance covered mine.

support