Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Scope surgery meniscus. 7 months post op ongoing issues  (Read 683 times)

Offline jpomlarocks

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Scope surgery meniscus. 7 months post op ongoing issues
« on: December 29, 2013, 10:22:30 PM »
I'm just looking for some opinions I had surgery done back in June of 2013 I had a meniscus scope surgery on my left knee. Immediately following surgery I had major swelling which resulted in draining my knee at least 8 times post surgery. 

The swelling finally went away however I'm still having ongoing issues with my knee. The doctor gave a cortisone shot back in October which has worn off.  I cannot be on my feet for more than 20 minutes without being in some serious pain with limping. I also cannot walk after sitting unless I stand for at least a few minutes because I cannot straighten out my knee.

We've had a total of 3 MRI's done since the initial surgery. After the first MRI was done it showed a lot of bone bruising. The most recent MRI does not really show anything major and the bone bruising is now gone. What the Dr thinks is that my pain is being caused from all the swelling that resulted in buildup of scar tissue there's also now assist in my name that was not there before. Can anyone tell me if its possible for scar tissue to build up as a result of surgery?

I'm at a loss on what to do I feel like we've tried everything in the only thing that's left is surgery. The doctor who did the surgery is supposed to be one of the best. T I had the same exact surgery done on my other knee 10 years ago and it healed with absolutely no issues.

Not sure what I should do.

Offline Chester57

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
Re: Scope surgery meniscus. 7 months post op ongoing issues
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:40:30 PM »
Yes, it is.  Read everything on this site with regard to Arthrofibrosis.  There is a section called Soft Tissue Healing Problems....Arthrofibrosis or you can type arthrofibrosis in the search box.
1980 LK open total synovectomy to remove AVM--Undiag AF Begins--MUA-AF & Instability--Debridement-AF--LOA, Synovectomy, Menisectomy, Chondroplasty, M/L Ret Release-AF, Instability & Sublux--MCL, POL, MPFL Allo Recons-AF--LOA, LR, Synovectomy-AF--LOA, M/L Ret Release, Synovectomy-AF