Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: knee aspriations  (Read 886 times)

Offline khgulledge

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
knee aspriations
« on: January 30, 2004, 12:33:18 AM »
ok, for those who read my post about falling on the ice...

my dr aspriated a vial of blood instead of synovial fluid, what could this possibly mean??  i really can't stand to wait till monday and get a definitive answer....does anyone have any experience with this??  could this mean a tear of something or would a very deep bone bruise cause the same results??

i know non of you can diagnose, but i just would like a generalized idea as to what i might could expect to hear on monday.

thanks, karen.

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: knee aspriations
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 02:33:32 AM »
Normally when blood is aspirated it's indicative of an ACL tear.  Hemoarthrosis (blood in the joint) occurs in about 80% of ACL tears.  This occurs when because there are blood vessels around the ACL that are often torn at the same time.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline khgulledge

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: knee aspriations
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 10:44:45 AM »
that's what i've found while researching this on the internet (blood=tear of something).  

but,  supposing that's what i have done(torn something), should i still be able to move around?  i can't bear a lot of weight on it, it is still swollen, hurts to  bend, very little rom, but i'm able to limp around :)  when i do move the wrong way, i hv excrutiating pain on the front and inside of knee.

i just hate hving to wait 4.5days till i find something out!

thx, karen