Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Patella femoral realignment two years ago and now in pain :(  (Read 758 times)

Offline Kate0407

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Patella femoral realignment two years ago and now in pain :(
« on: December 15, 2013, 07:52:20 PM »
Hi, feeling a bit down and wondered if anyone can give me advise please.

I'm a mum of two, never done sports , was just unfortunate that my knee caps developed higher than normal. Four years ago fell over and knee dislocated. Have always had knee pain but was always told fluid and nothing else. After dislocation, had MRI which showed incorrect tracking so after various things that didn't work had a patella femoral realignment. This was two years ago and all was fine until about a month ago when knee starting crunching more than usual and getting really uncomfortable bending down. Now today for the first time since before op it's given way and I'm devastated as really thought it was fixed. Am now sat with a swollen sore knee which hurts to even bend as is crunching so much.

Can't bear the thought of anything like what I went through before as three months in brace, was hell.

Any thoughts on what it could be before I speak with my consultant?

Thanks, Kate

Offline float patella

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Patella femoral realignment two years ago and now in pain :(
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 08:57:26 PM »
You said that your knee is higher that normal , that is called Patella alta and the people who has this condition can dislocate their knee cap easly compare to normal people , there is a surgery to correct you patella alta which they cut a bit of your shin bone and move your tendon down so it sits in the correct place ind this surgery is called tibail tubercal transfer , there is some folks here who did the surgery and may give you more information about it, and also since you have dislocated your knee cap your medial patella feomral ligament may have striched out
I will recommend to see a doctor and talk to him about the crunching , i think the crunching in coming because your kneecap tracking is tilted .
Hope you get a relief soon .
Srry for my bad english

Offline Kate0407

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Patella femoral realignment two years ago and now in pain :(
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 08:08:42 PM »
Thanks, I had the TTT so didn't think anything else could go wrong after that but was obviously wrong. Booked to see doctor Friday to get referral back to consultant so prob a long wait now :(

support