Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee problems in future?  (Read 751 times)

Offline Gizmocat

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Knee problems in future?
« on: January 29, 2004, 07:57:45 PM »
Hello
Hi everyone. I have this question, I don't know if it's a dumb question or not but I'll ask it anyhow, please don't laugh. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any problems or complications that might be possible in the future with only having 1/2 of a patella? The 24th of this month my OS saw me again for my regular check up for my knee where he told me everything looks good right now, he also told me I have a good chance of getting arthritis in my knee due to my injury. Anonther thing my OS told me is with luck I'll come out of this without a limp. Out of curiosity, this last time I saw him, I asked him how many pieces my patella is in and he told four. If anybody has any info about my question I would appreciate the input, and also if there is anything or anyway to avoid any possible problems.

Thank you again to all of you who know what knee pain is all about.

Gizmocat

P.S. Hopes and wishes to everyone, on this site, for a speedy and a great recovery!!
10/15/03 Ladder slipped out, approx. 12' up, slamed face into top of dock door splitting lip, KO, fell full weight on right patella, shattering
10/28/03 Surjery leaving 1/2 Patella in 4 piece

support