Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: post surgery laxity...  (Read 7392 times)

Offline rdw

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
post surgery laxity...
« on: December 12, 2013, 05:56:01 AM »
Long story short...

dislocated the left knee, snapped acl, pcl, and mcl.  Popliteal tendon, too.  the plan was to do the repairs in two surgeries, but a MRSA infection during the first changed that.

Four surgeries to clear the infection, and 6th overall  to re do all the repairs.

The last surgery was June 28th.  At this point my tibia and fibula can move front to back at least an inch.  It is possible to dislocate laterally, too.

Doc says the anchor points are all solid, the grafts themselves are loose.  He says that this is the best it gets, that I am in a brace for life.

I have a hard time believing that there isnt something that can be done...

My understandings that a tkr relies on the connective tissue in the knee, and that the replacement is only for the wear surfaces.  If that is true, a tkr wont really help.

I am at risk of continued injury with this, and need to know if there is an option. Its odd that folks are so eager to let me go with a disability...

Work fall, snapped (Left)  ACL, PCL, MCL. Torn popliteal tendon, cartilage.  MRSA inf in 1st op,4 addl to kill it, redo all repairs in the 6th surg.

Rt Knee, 40 years of abuse, 7 surg's and 3 acl's.

And a partridge in a pear tree.

Offline victoriacat

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: post surgery laxity...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »
I would research platelet injections in the knees to tighten up the lax tissue. 

Offline MDAL

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 108
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 10:15:23 AM »
I agree with the above post. A series of PRP together with physio exercise could be of some help, not a miracle by any means if everything is totally loose in the first place, but a way to help tendons get stronger.

Offline Piri00

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 03:51:15 PM »
Hi

How is it after a year?

I have same problem at the moment.
My knee ligaments has strong end point but knee joint is loose.
I am three months after acl revision surgery.

support