Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Too much therapy may have played a factor  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Johnnyp060

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 3
Too much therapy may have played a factor
« on: December 03, 2013, 03:44:14 AM »
Met with my Doc today and I told him about how my therapist and I were constantly butting heads about not giving me enough recovery time in between workouts during my last recovery. My Doc said that constantly pushing it like that and not getting ample recovery time too probably played a factor in my MCL failing, he doesn't want me going there for therapy after this next surgery. He said they'll probably give me a program to do on my own. Lesson learned.  Anyone else experience hardheaded therapists during their recovery? 
3/4/12 Dirtbike crash, tore ACL, PCL and MCL
5/14/12 Surgery done to replace ACL, PCL and MCL with cadaver tendons
12/4/13 ACL and MCL replaced again, kneecap released and anchored and external fixator installed

Offline JFisher3

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 3
Re: Too much therapy may have played a factor
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 01:13:43 AM »
I seem to have the opposite problem, I don't think I have enough physiotherapy and do most of mine at home. The only thing I have had a problem with so far is my brace, it just doesn't offer the support intended and I am pretty sure this has contributed to my first failed pcl recon and possibly my second  pcl recon. No matter how many times I mention this it just seems to get over looked and this seems daft to me as it is costing the NHS (from the UK) a lot of money to perform the operations I am having and a better brace may prevent this from happening. Apart from this everything else has been ok.
I can see the dilemma you are in though because sometimes no matter how clever or knowledgeable somebody is sometimes you know what your body wants/needs more then them.
Football injury leading to dislocation of tibia and rupture of ACL,PCL,MCL.... Feb 2012.
ACL,PCL,MCL Reconstruction.....Sept 2012.
PCL,MCL failed.
PCL,MCL reconstruction..... Sept 2013.
Currently doing home workouts and have pcl laxity.