Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MCL Sprain in one knee w/mess on other knee  (Read 4551 times)

Offline lilduke99

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MCL Sprain in one knee w/mess on other knee
« on: November 27, 2013, 06:02:52 PM »
I recently sprained my MCL in my left knee - twisting and squatting to get in a car while protecting my messed up right knee (coincidentally that was in a brace) that is set for an LOA in January following a not so successful ACLr on my right knee. I heard an audible pop and felt a nasty snap and then fell. The pain was excruciating. It was pretty similar to when my ACL went on my right knee in January.

For now, we're holding off on an MRI (to figure out grade) for now due to insurance and the fact that not much can be done, so now I have two really crappy knees. My stability is pretty good with my left knee, but it does lock up and hurts like heck constantly. Stairs are not so good either :-\

My issue is that because I have such limited ROM (flex and extention) on my right (due to scar tissue, torn meniscus, really tight graft and swelling), my left is not getting much of a chance to heal since I'm really shifting a lot of my weight to the left still to get around. The next surgery for my right knee mess is in January and rehab will be swell (arthrofibrosis, yay) so I'm estimating a few months more of tough PT again before my right knee is back in any kind of usable condition.

Has anyone else had to deal with a second ligament injury on the opposite knee? How did you do it?

Having a mess with one knee is tough. The second is just putting me over the top now  >:(
ACL Tear 1/2013
ACL Reconstruction (hamstring graft( & patella clean-up 3/2013
LOA 2/2014
LOA,Lateral Release 12/2014