Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: PRP injections courses, time recommended between injections  (Read 4433 times)

Offline kerzas

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
PRP injections courses, time recommended between injections
« on: January 24, 2014, 10:08:14 AM »
I have question about PRP injections for cartilage regeneration, what time intervals is suggested between PRP incjection courses? What is best practice?

I had 3 injections course with one week gap, before one month.

So when is the best time to have next course of PRP?

Offline Ivy973

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: PRP injections courses, time recommended between injections
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 03:33:10 PM »
My doctor recommends a treatment every 4-6 weeks. 3 sets of injections in one month sounds like a lot to me...
Pain onset: 2008
Pain areas: bilateral hips, knees, ankles, toes
Regenerative therapies: prolo, PRP, stem cells

Offline kerzas

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 07:12:58 PM »
Next time when  I'll go and ask my doctor about recomended gap between injections sets, I think next course I'll try after 6 months

Offline MDAL

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 108
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 10:01:19 PM »
I am doing it now, 1 injection every week (for a total of 4), I must confess that even though I need to stay objective and it is still early to make conclusions which could be too much ahead of time, I am now 2 weeks since the first (had 2 so far), and I have noticed a reasonable reduction of noises... I mean a real difference... with just 2 shots.

Had HA before in November 2013, (3 shots) and it was a disappointment.

I am now close to the third, and will ask the doctor for 1 or 2 extra (total of 5 or 6) one week apart.

To answer your question, I asked my doctor and he said this is a benign thing that is not problematic to do it more often... I didn't get into real specifications.

How were your results like and how did it evolve since the last time we talked? Did it continue to improve even after the last one?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:11:58 PM by MDAL »

Offline kerzas

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 04:43:35 PM »
I think I'll wait for some time maybe until April and then I'll try to have another set of PRP injections.

It seems to me that at the moment there is no standart procedure for PRP, and each doctor have different methodology.

I improved after our last conversation, I do not feel pain, just some little discomfort, I can do more exercise in the gym, I can stand for long time.
At the moment I'satisfied with the results!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:46:15 PM by kerzas »

support