Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: TTT and Lateral Release Surgery Tomorrow  (Read 949 times)

Offline tttpatient

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
TTT and Lateral Release Surgery Tomorrow
« on: November 17, 2013, 04:29:49 PM »
Hi Guys,
Im from the UK and Ive been on this site for a while looking around for info about TTT surgery and you have all been great so thought i'd start a diary to help others.

My surgery is tomorrow, I will be admitted at 1pm and will have a minimum of 1 night in hospital... I think this is due to the surgery being a late one!

A bit about what caused my problem - I basically slipped on some wet floor in a club when I was 16 and I am now 24. I have had lots of knee cap dislocations but have tried to ignore it and plod on.
Its stopped me from doing everything, sometimes it just gives way unexpectedly whilst walking and can be very painful.

I have been referred to physiotherapy numereous amounts of time but this didnt work ( i knew in my heart it wouldnt) so eventually i am having a TTT and Lateral Release.

Im a little bit nervous now as ive not prepared very well and im still not sure what to expect after reading on this site everyday. There seems to be so many different protocols with different surgeons which i find hard to get my head around.  :-\

Would be nice to chat to some fellow TTT patients going through similar problems :)

Thanks
Heather

Offline chondro...huh?

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 4
Re: TTT and Lateral Release Surgery Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 09:29:19 AM »
A fellowTTT here. Hope you are doing ok.
Susan
07/12 - injury
03/13 - scoping, cleaning
09/13 - TTT

support