Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: A year and a half post ttt surgery and disaster strikes?  (Read 545 times)

Offline sammi19

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
    • Chat with slee1701
A year and a half post ttt surgery and disaster strikes?
« on: November 13, 2013, 12:09:25 AM »
I had a ttt and lateral release performed june of 2012. Everything went wonderfully. Until today. My leg fell asleep when I was sitting, I stood up and WHAM! Pop. A sharp pain. I thought my knee had dislocated and rushed over to urgent care for an ortho referral and xray.
The X-ray was pretty clean. No fracture and minimal arthritis considering the amount of damage I have incurred over the years from chronic dislocations. But my knee is swollen and grinding when I move it. I am very concerned I've done some serious soft tissue damage but won't know until Monday when I see the ortho. The leg is shot in range of motion(without serious pain) and my quad is locked up tight. I am athletic, muscles were developed and followed my rehab to a "T". Before this I thought I was one of the lucky ones who was going to recover from surgery and never have another issue. I am so discouraged but hopeful that I merely sprained my knee and didn't actually do significant damage. Does anyone have a similar experience they can share? Is this a normal occurrence? Thank you guys. I know this is just a knee website but just posting this makes me feel a bit better.  :)
the bees knees

support