Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I squeak!!!  (Read 7565 times)

Offline faith

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
I squeak!!!
« on: November 08, 2013, 09:04:19 PM »
Hello all

Hope this post finds you all well and pain free :-)

I had a PFJR done in April 2012 and the results are brilliant. I have complete ROM and am able to do so much more than I ever could before. In fact there's not much I can't do, so it's all good :-)

However, over the last few months I have noticed that my knee squeaks! At first I thought I'd trodden on a squeaky floorboard but over time the squeak has got louder, so that now you can hear it from across the room! Does anyone else have this problem? Am I doing any damage to my knee? It is a bit more painful in the evenings these days, but that may just be because it's getting colder?

Any advice?

Faith x
R knee arthroscopy 1991; tibial osteotomy 1992; metalwork removed 1993; arthroscopy and lateral release 2004; ossicle removal 2007; arthroscopic debridement 2010; PFJR 2012; scar tissue removal & debridement 2013

Offline Mr.F

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 4
Re: I squeak!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 02:19:29 AM »
Hello Faith,

I had bilateral patella femoral replacement in 2005.  My left knee squeaks.  It is not as loud as yours.  My cats get all excited when they hear my knee.  (They think it is one of their toys).  I have not experienced pain with the squeaking.  I thought I was the only one with this.  I have asked around and have gotten no answer on why a replaced knee would squeak.  Sorry I could not of more assistance.

Take care,
Mr. F

Offline faith

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 12:03:43 PM »
Hiya

Don't worry, it's nice to know I'm not the only one for a start. I wonder if I should start taking cod liver oil or something, feel like the tin man - need a bit of oiling! But I'm not sure that'll make much difference. My main concern is that I might be wearing out the plastic button...

Faith
R knee arthroscopy 1991; tibial osteotomy 1992; metalwork removed 1993; arthroscopy and lateral release 2004; ossicle removal 2007; arthroscopic debridement 2010; PFJR 2012; scar tissue removal & debridement 2013

Offline Mr.F

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 01:04:37 PM »
Hello,

I have had my squeak for over 8 years.  If the plastic button has not worn out, as of today, for me.  I did worry about this early on.  Eight years later I still have all my "original" parts.  I did have to have my right knee cleaned out (bone growth and scar tissue).  And that was the knee with no squeaking.

Take care,
Mr. F

Offline FMRCathelete

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 5
  • Cats are great recovery companions
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 12:15:38 AM »
My PJFR squeaks also -has since the beginning.  Is sometimes louder than other, but not associated with pain or wearing of implants.  My OS seemed interested in it-says it happens but he never could determine why.   We all just have little teeny tiny mice in there  ;)  Cheers-A
Lat release 5/08
OATS 7/09
PJFR 10/10
Scope, plica removal/synovectomy 1/12
Scope, Medial retinacular release and debridement of excess tissues 2/13
Knee Denervation 3/2014

support