Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: sharp knee pain?  (Read 673 times)

Offline kam1990

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
sharp knee pain?
« on: November 09, 2013, 10:30:16 PM »
hi new here, basically want to avoid going to the gp! as its usually pointless and i walk out with an antibiotic prescription!

ive recently been going to the gym and warming up etc properly, I tried to leg press a heavy weight as i was working my way up the stack slowly i managed it but just,

after that i did not feel any pain, only a few days after iirc, i bent down at work to get something off the floor and my right knee buckled... and i got a sharpish pain,

when im walking, running etc im okay and i can still do the leg press and exercises with no pain or anything,

its only when i bend down or attempt to stretch my quads by pulling it back,

i cant pinpoint the pain but seems to be in the core its been about 2-3weeks so far...

im not clued up so any help much appreciated!

Offline sammi19

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
    • Chat with slee1701
Re: sharp knee pain?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 12:18:12 AM »
 I would probably go to the doctor if you can. Knee buckling is usually a bad sign(like a torn ligament sign) but you could have just overdone it and have been tired. Sometimes I get off the work out bike and my bad knee buckles but my quad is just worn out.
Maybe you could try taking it easy, stretch if you can, and apply heat. If the buckling continues or pain gets worse I would definitely recommend a visit to the doctor, if only to rule out a more serious injury and ease your mind. Best of luck!
-Sam
the bees knees

support