Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ACL Brace question  (Read 517 times)

Offline MR. C

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACL Brace question
« on: November 06, 2013, 09:10:10 PM »
 Hello. I recently purchased a Don Joy extreme armor right knee brace for ACL/PCL deficiency. I had it fitted by the certified orthotics guy at the hospital. Brace feels fine when I put it on, a little snug. He assured me it fit right. Today I played basketball for an hour and it felt ok for the most part. I had to loosen it a couple times,then it felt too loose and I had to tighten it. I  played around with it a bit but I played very well and my knee felt good.

An hour later after I showered and relaxed the front of my knee hurts(patella region). Now 8 hours later it is still really painful in the front. I am thinking it has to be the brace. I have worn this type brace before after having a patella  ACL reconstruction in 2006. My old brace was 3 years old and rusty and no longer bending easily so I got a new one. Was having no pain at all afterward with old brace.
  Is this possible with a new brace ? I dont remember it happening before. Maybe my knee is strong enough and doesnt need a brace ? Surgeon said a brace couldn't hurt it was up to me to wear it or not.
   Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
ACL patellar graft ,lateral meniscecomy rt knee 2006-medial meniscectomy rt knee 2005- rt knee meniscectomy 1995,1994-left knee meniscectomy 1991,1992 -MCL repair left knee 1980.