Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Popliteal Tendonitis  (Read 562 times)

Offline sdantonio

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Popliteal Tendonitis
« on: November 01, 2013, 03:57:05 PM »
I saw my orthopedic surgeon yesterday and got some good news and some moderately good news.  The cartilage is fine and there doesn't appear to be any meninscal tears or anything like that (the good news).  He says it is likely to be tendonitis, without specifying much more than that (the moderately good news).  With the pain being exclusively lateral then I'm assuming that implies Popliteal Tendonitis (absolutely no pain medially or frontally).  This is a problem that has been plaguing me for over 30 years every time I go to increase my activity level.  On resting it is fine of course.  Having recently lost 125lbs, I really want to increase my activity level and possibly even start running again.

I have looked on the web and found two ideas to try first.  One is the KT Tape, which my sister swears by for her Plantarís fasciitis.  The second is a back of the knee wrap or possibly a stabilizer (though I don't see the stabilizer as being particularly effective for Popliteal Tendonitis).

Has anyone had any experience with either of these treatments and can you recommend a good wrap or support to try?  What I'm trying to avoid is buying one and then hearing something like "oh of course it doesn't work, you spent $40 on the junk one, you should have bought the $5 that actually works.

Other suggestions for treatment would be very welcome.

Thanks
Steven

support