Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 4 weeks Post OP possible reinjury  (Read 793 times)

Offline ghaegele

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
4 weeks Post OP possible reinjury
« on: October 15, 2013, 04:26:21 PM »
Good morning,

I had a knee osteotomy and MPFL reconstruction 4 weeks ago.  I started rehab 1 week ago and was able to ride the bike and bend the knee to 120 degrees last Thursday.  Last Fri I slipped on my crutches and placed the injured knee down to catch my balance and the knee dislocated and popped back into place.  Since the dislocation the knee and entire foot a very swollen and there is a burning sensation that runs up and down the entire inside of my knee.  The knee seems to lock at times and is very tight, almost like it was the first couple weeks after surgery.  I guess I am curious is anyone has had this happen before, and how would I know if I re-tore the MPFL?  Is it normal to have the knee dislocate so easily?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:56:42 PM by ghaegele »

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 209
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: 4 weeks Post OP possible reinjury
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 04:34:19 PM »
Hi ghaegele

My best advice is to hot foot it to your GP, and have the leg inspected A S A P

JohnK/ Manchester UK
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

Offline Chester57

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 04:53:24 PM »
I would get to your doctor asap, especially if your knee dislocated.  You could have torn your graft. Your doctor would be able to assess your knee to see if the graft if holding where it should or if you have too much laxity.  Good luck!
1980 LK open total synovectomy to remove AVM--Undiag AF Begins--MUA-AF & Instability--Debridement-AF--LOA, Synovectomy, Menisectomy, Chondroplasty, M/L Ret Release-AF, Instability & Sublux--MCL, POL, MPFL Allo Recons-AF--LOA, LR, Synovectomy-AF--LOA, M/L Ret Release, Synovectomy-AF

Offline ghaegele

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 04:54:38 PM »
Thanks everyone I have an appointment first thing tomorrow with my Ortho.  I am nervouse this may be a huge set back.

Offline Summer007

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 09:50:16 PM »
Hi ghaegele,

Just curious how you got on with your appointment- was there anything wrong with the MPFL graft? I had a very similar problem after my first MPFL reconstruction and the graft was in a pretty bad way afterwards, I had to have it completely re-done. Here's hoping that you didn't cause too much damage!

Summer :)
October 2011-L LR
August 2012-L MPFL Recon
July 2013-L TTO & MPFL revision
March 2014-L Arthroscopy surgery

support