Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Surgical treatment of Osgood Schlatters  (Read 3306 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sarah_K

  • MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Surgical treatment of Osgood Schlatters
« on: January 27, 2004, 07:04:51 AM »
Hi all
I have posted here a few times in the past I just have a question I was hoping one of you knee people who always know so much about knee anatomy and procedure names could help me out.
Any how my question is.... What is the name of the surgical procedure that is performed to remove the so called bump caused by Osgood Schlatters.
I had the bump removed from my right knee 8 yrs ago but I was young and naieve and did not ask any questions and The os office does not have my records anymore as the doc no longer works there. Any way at the last visit with my new doc which was also my first there because I started to have pain in the left knee. I saw the physians assitant and he said they never reccommend surgery then he did my x rays and low and behold my bump is know longer attached its just floating there and causeing my pain so he suggested that i make a follow up with the surgon. I have yet to make that appointment because I would like to know alittle more about what is being done during the procedure to remove the bump. It was such a painful experence the first time that I honestly blocked most of it out. So if anyone out there could help me out i would be most grateful.
Sarah k