Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Possible ACL or PLC damage?? Anyone?  (Read 1041 times)

Offline stephy2545

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Possible ACL or PLC damage?? Anyone?
« on: October 08, 2013, 01:52:28 AM »
I am a 17 year old high school senior and think I may have tore my ACL or PLC. I had a MPFL reconstruction on my left knee in February 2013 and am scheduled for a MPFL reconstruction on my right knee in December, however about 2 weeks ago during a homecoming powderpuff football game, I pivoted my left knee and immediately went down with a sharp pain on the lateral/back part of my knee. I was able to get up and walk off the field and the pain dulled, but would not go away. It swelled a bit that night but nothing alarming. At first I thought it was just a sprained muscle because my knee was weak from the MPFL recon but now, two weeks later the pain and swelling are increasing by a lot! The most pain I feel is when pivoting and going down stairs. My tibia almost feels like it is sliding out from under the rest of my leg. Went to see OS, he said MPFL graft is intact, but I have an extreme amount of lateral laxity when performing the Lachman test. He has scheduled me for a MRI next Tuesday, but I am wondering what he thinks is going on?? Or if anyone has had similar problems?? Also my toes have started to cramp up a lot and I get warm tingly sensations down the lateral side of my shin and foot.
10/10-Rt Knee Scope and Plica Removal
02/11-Lt Knee Scope
11/11-Lt Knee Scope and Plica Removal
02/13-Lt Knee MPFL Reconstruction

support