Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Help! Need OS with brains & balls!  (Read 578 times)

Offline MyKnee2010

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 16
Help! Need OS with brains & balls!
« on: October 01, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »
Hi all,

I need to find an OS to do exploratory surgery on my knee that was replaced 3 yrs ago. OS needs to be located in ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, or RI (in other words New England) to be covered by my insurance. So far I have not been able to find an OS who wants to touch my case due to the complexity. The OS who did my TKAs is (in my opinion) past his prime (again in my opinion) & has an ego which has steadily increased while his physical health has declined (again, in my opinion) so I have no interest in returning to him even if he did believe I have a problem (in my opinion, allegedly, not confirmed, etc, etc, etc).

Anyways, as my knee gets worse & worse, swelling bigger & bigger, I am getting more & more frustrated with OSs who don't dispute that there is a problem - it's just a problem they don't want to address. So, if anyone knows of an OS who has the brains to figure this out, & the balls to step up & tackle a complex knee, please let me know.

Thanks!

Offline Chester57

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
Re: Help! Need OS with brains & balls!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 08:06:37 PM »
I'm sorry I don't have any recommendations in New England for you, but I just wanted to thank you for giving me a much needed laugh! I actually laughed out loud while reading your remarks about your OS.  I am, however, sorry that you have to deal with it.  I know exactly how frustrating inflated ego OS's can be!  Finding an OS with both brains and balls is not an easy task.

You said it is swelling bigger and bigger.  Do you have other symptoms along with the swelling?

Christine
1980 LK open total synovectomy to remove AVM--Undiag AF Begins--MUA-AF & Instability--Debridement-AF--LOA, Synovectomy, Menisectomy, Chondroplasty, M/L Ret Release-AF, Instability & Sublux--MCL, POL, MPFL Allo Recons-AF--LOA, LR, Synovectomy-AF--LOA, M/L Ret Release, Synovectomy-AF

Offline IHMK

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 26
    • I Hurt My Knee
Re: Help! Need OS with brains & balls!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 01:52:01 AM »
Try New England Orthopedics in Springfield, MA: Martin Luber or John Corsetti.
My knee story: http://www.ihurtmyknee.org

28 March 2013: tore right ACL (also meniscus tear, MCL tear ["Unhappy Triad"!!], tibial plateau fracture & condylar bruise)
28 June 2013: surgery to reconstruct ACL (allograft)

support