Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Is this AO?  (Read 7416 times)

Offline floorman

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Is this AO?
« on: September 29, 2013, 03:36:53 PM »
I have been installing hardwood floors for 33 years. 10 years ago I had a microfracture induction on a pencil eraser size erosion. It worked out well. The only way one would touch it is by kneeling on the floor and sitting on your heels. Therefore it did not bother me to do anything standing. Last Tuesday after work I drove home for about an hour and when I stepped out of the truck that leg was tight and stiff on the backside of the knee. No pain even now after 4 days. The stiffness has subsided to a large degree but it is still there and I cannot flex my leg normally. If I try stretching or flexing the leg the stiffness starts up again. Icing and rest relieves it. Taking walks is no problem. Some of my flooring friends think I strained soft tissue. Or is this a symptom of QA? See an ortho on Tuesday. Are Rose Hips effective? I started taking Osteo Bi-Flex; again. BTW. My knee does not look swollen or feel like there is fluid. It is odd. Any thoughts please?

Offline floorman

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Is this AO?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 12:48:43 AM »
I have liked this site over the years and have used it from time to time but now it appears that there are few knowledgeable individuals that can answer the questions that are requested. I assume that this happens from time to time as the skilled responders leave and move on with their lives and then come back  as issues come up for them and they are back.

jtcarlto

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 01:21:49 AM »
Floorman,

It's hard to say.  Given you have been working for 33 years I assume you are in your 50's.  That is primetime for OA--your hormonal levels are down so your body doesn't repair itself as well.  You could look into HRT (test, HGH) or if that's too risky get some joint injections of PRP, stem cells or HGH.

See your doctor and see what he thinks.  They could check for OA with x-rays and then an MRI for details.

My guess is it's too early to tell but OA would not be surprising. 

Offline floorman

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 12:57:54 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I am going to get cortisone injection into both knees for mild AO and some Mencius wear and tear. After the first of the year I want to have both knees scoped and cleaned up before they become a painful issue.