Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: My next surgery is set, my journey continues  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Johnnyp060

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 3
My next surgery is set, my journey continues
« on: September 24, 2013, 07:12:21 AM »
 Saw my doc last Tuesday. My surgery is set for December 4th, I get to go through the whole kit and kabootle again. He's replacing the MCL, ACL, PCL and repositioning my kneecap and I'll possibly have an external fixator on after surgery to help with the healing process.  I thought I was only due to get the MCL and kneecap done but beings I've been functioning without an MCL for about 6 months the bones have shifted and stretched the ACL and PCL also. Not sure how I feel about it all yet. But I know it has to be done for me to get back to some sort of normalcy. Cheers, John
3/4/12 Dirtbike crash, tore ACL, PCL and MCL
5/14/12 Surgery done to replace ACL, PCL and MCL with cadaver tendons
12/4/13 ACL and MCL replaced again, kneecap released and anchored and external fixator installed

Offline JFisher3

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: My next surgery is set, my journey continues
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 09:58:40 PM »
Hey johnny. you may remember me from last year, we suffered practically the same injury at the same time. I have just seen your post about your revision of the acl,pcl,mcl.
Keep your spirits up and hope fully we will get there as will all the other people in this situation.

I too had a revision op what required my pcl and MCL to be done again, fortunately my acl "seemed" tight enough.

I have already had my op on the 16th of this month and i can say that  it deffenitly feels easier this time round, I have just got my new brace and had it set to 20. I come of medication(codien) 4 days after the op and now feel as good as I can in this position.

Good luck and hopefully have a strong and speedy recovery 
Football injury leading to dislocation of tibia and rupture of ACL,PCL,MCL.... Feb 2012.
ACL,PCL,MCL Reconstruction.....Sept 2012.
PCL,MCL failed.
PCL,MCL reconstruction..... Sept 2013.
Currently doing home workouts and have pcl laxity.

Offline Johnnyp060

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 11:55:41 PM »
Hey J!!!! 
     Yes, I do remember you, sounds like it's not unusual to have several surgeries with a severe injury like ours. I just hope this is the last one.
      I'm really glad to hear yours is going better the second time around, that definitely gives me hope. I'm thinking mine will be easier this time around too because I know what to expect this time, there's not as much trauma in there compared to last time and I'm going into this one a lot stronger than last one.
      Keep your head up and keep pushing forward. We'll all get through this injury eventually. Keep me posted. Johnny
12/4/13 ACL and MCL replaced again, kneecap released and anchored and external fixator installed

Offline JFisher3

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 08:11:20 PM »
Good to hear of you johnny,

Just a quick input. I have almost no pain recently and as you said because we know what to expect I have been approaching everything with much more caution this hen last time and not expecting too much to fast.

Drop a post when you have had your op and let me know how it goes. Good luck and I hope it goes well. Speak soon, Jay
Football injury leading to dislocation of tibia and rupture of ACL,PCL,MCL.... Feb 2012.
ACL,PCL,MCL Reconstruction.....Sept 2012.
PCL,MCL failed.
PCL,MCL reconstruction..... Sept 2013.
Currently doing home workouts and have pcl laxity.

Offline Johnnyp060

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 04:18:30 AM »
Yeah man!!!  Good to hear from you too!!!  We'll get through this crappy injury someday, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Keep me posted on your recovery and I'll do the same.
Keep pushing forward and I'll chat with you soon. Johnny

Offline cshells

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 04:35:14 AM »
Johnny
Hey man! We talked a little a long while back. I suffered pretty close to the same injury. Sorry to hear about more surgeries, it gets old. I had my 5th in April, which was an osteotomy because my knee healed dislocated. It actually has made a world of difference, unfortunately I don't have an ACL, LCL, or PCL and they may not replace them because the scare tissue is holding my knee pretty stable.

I had two external fixators in the beginning, so I feel for you. Hopefully yours go quickly.

One day this will all be in the past and we will make recoveries that no one expected. I will somehow get back to some what of an active level.

Offline Johnnyp060

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 01:39:21 AM »
Hey, how are you?!?!?!  Yes we will!!!  I'm determined to get back to doing what I was doing before my accident. I'm actually looking forward to getting this next surgery over and done with. I'm tired of being in pain all the time. It sucks!!!  Keep on keeping on and keep me posted and I'll do the same.