Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: How Many Animals Do You Have and What Kind?  (Read 29656 times)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: How Many Animals Do You Have and What Kind?
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2010, 04:18:03 PM »
I just have 1 cat which I adopted last year December from my local RSPCA Animal shelter. Her name is Ellie and she is a house cat that lives in my 1 bed ground floor flat. I am glad to have a house cat as I lost 3 cats in the passed who got run over on the main road outside my parents old house.

Ellie is a black and white domestic short haired cat and she lovely as she likes a lot of fuss and comes on my lap a lot and purrs away.

Nick :) {2010} :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 10:00:55 AM by Clarkey »
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Lyndsey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • Crooked and Twisted!
    • Knee Pics at Photobucket
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2010, 04:49:05 AM »
I'll go from big to small!

3 Quarter Horses
         I Too Can Pass (Buddy) is a bay gelding that is just the sweetest horse ever. He's really willing and has quite the personality. He loves to open his stall door and escape whenever he gets the chance. Good thing he knows not to go anywhere! Thats him and my sister after we bathed him before a show.

Lucks Bealady Tonite (Zena) is a sorrel mare, and we got really lucky with her. She has really great bloodlines, and is a great mover with a good attitude. We were able to buy her at a reasonable price because she has a rye nose, or a crooked nose. She was born that way. We love her all the same, and as long as the dentist does her teeth every 6 months, she doesn't have any problems eating. I figure I was born with crooked legs, and I still had a chance to live life to the fullest so she should too! I LOVE this picture of my little sister and Zena, "A girl's first true love"

Red Cody Cowboy (Cody) is a sorrel gelding. He has been what has kept me sane over the years. I have been riding him since he was a three year old and all he knew was run and stop. I taught him everything, and the two of us were able to learn and grow together. He's like my other half in horse form. It's been so long I know what he's thinking before he thinks it! That's Cody and I at a horse show, we ended up winning that class!

Clyde, our black lab.... He loves to be a farm dog and chase the tractor.

We have about 20 chickens whom I do not always care for.... When they are in the pen, then I don't mind them. My dad, however, loves to let them all out. They get into everything and then there are feathers and everything else all over the yard, and even in the garage!

Chloe is the rabbit, and she loves my mom and my little sister, but everytime I feed her I swear she attacks me! I've had teeth marks left from the vicious rabbit, and all I was trying to do was reach in the cage to put in her food! lol, it's kind of funny, I always make sure to wear gloves!

Thats pretty much it for our little horse operation we have. I love having the horses, and they provide a real escape. I could spend all day in the barn!

Lyndsey ;D
5/15/08      R femoral derotational osteotomy
1/19/09      L femoral derotational osteotomy
12/17/09  hardware removal (L&R femoral blade plates and screws)
10/28/10 removal of bone chip and cleanup of scar tissue on left
4/2014 15 deg. Re-rotation of L Femur
9/2014 L. Plate Removal & Fix Fracture

Offline DizzyCa

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2010, 07:34:39 PM »
I have a labrador and three cats ..Maine coons and Siamese..... all our animals are crazy......
DizzyCa

MFx Rt Knee Xmas 08 - still struggling

Offline WyrDachs

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2010, 03:45:35 AM »
I have 2 Standard Dachshunds, a 5 yo male and a 14 month old female.  I do various competitions with them like obedience & agility.  Believe it or not, I can not outrun them, so I've had to teach them to work away from me, sort of like you would with a Border Collie.

I did have a cockatiel, that I left with my mother, when I went away on vacation and she refused to give back. 

Maryanne  :)
Maryanne

Offline fraud_ninja

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2010, 02:01:34 AM »
I have a three year old Cairn Terrier named Benny.

I have a year old West Highland White Terrier named Sally.

I have a six year old tortise shell cat named Luci(fer).  I strongly dislike that cat.
12/26/02 LR R
10/26/06 TTT R
1/25/07 TTT L
12/17/07 TTT revision, MPFL recon R
2/7/08 TTT revision, MPFL recon L
3/24/08 screw removal R
4/30/08 screw removal L

Knees are fixed, training for a triathalon.

9/21/09- Right ankle reconstruction

bean11

« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2011, 12:32:19 AM »
G'day sadly we were coming back from Tasmania got a call our 13year old Boxer Kiowa fell down the stairs, she had already got an inoperable growth in her front shoulder and was on heavy pain care for last couple of months, anyway we told the vet to drug her right up till the next day when we got back, i sat next to her and shed some tears she seemed at peace, the vet came early morning we said our tearful good byes,(I'm welling up a bit now,well  my 4 sons + 1 girl freind my wife an me cried are eyes out :-[ as she passed away, she was our humog we miss her still, so does D'Artagnan (7 years boxer) Chhaya (4 yr old bitsa) jasper(chiwowa 7 yrs old ) & gizmo a  mini poodle X terrier 2 years old, my wife Nadene is going to get one of those "Flop Drop Cat"  (Rag doll) soon ;)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:51:11 AM by bean11 »

Offline MUMofpain

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2011, 07:55:28 PM »
Hi. Allergic to cats so unable to have one.  But we have had countless fish and tropical fish, 3 hampsters, 3 rabbits and now our dog. We got him when he was about 2 from a rescue home, now he is nearly 7. He is a cross between a jack russell and a corgi, I think they call them CoJacks :).  He is very sweet, has a beautiful nature and is great company. If you are feeling unwell he snuggles up as if to comfort you. I think it is lovely for children to grow up with pets in the home but it is very traumatic when they pass on :'(.
27th September 2010 - Tore acl at football
12th January 2011 - ACL reconstruction (Hamstring)

Offline vsummer1

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2011, 08:49:09 PM »
I have one beautiful Russian Blue named Beau.  Who isn't spoiled at all  ;D  He stays by my side, to the point of following me around the house whenever I leave the room!  He is of course and indoor cat, but meets us at the door just like a dog when we come home.  We also have 2 dogs, one black and one white/tan, both certified mutts. 

My Bledsoe post-op brace is black, so every animal hair stands out!  I went to the surgeon's office and noticed a gentleman wearing the same brace, but his was so clean looking.  I asked if he had animals, he said no.  I realized it was all the pet hair on mine, even though I use a lint brush and have washed the darn thing.  So many loving animals around my legs  :-*

As quoted earlier in this thread:
"Currently, I only have a Russian Blue cat who is 3.  Her name is Bailey.  This is because I am currently living in a small apartment and Bailey isn't a huge fan of other animals sharing her space. " 

Mine is the same, he HATES the dogs and his whole attitude changes when they come in the room, even if they are simply sleeping.  He goes psycho -- hisses, and given the chance will attack them even though they are 3 times his size.  Luckily the dogs don't take him too seriously and merely get out of his way.   He also hates other cats.  A friend bought me a very small stuffed cat, and he eyeballed it for a while until he thought I wasn't looking and attacked it!  Not playing, but full throttle kill!  Needless to say, I won't be getting any other cats.  The only pet he tolerates is the frog, who long ago lost his interest as prey since he is behind glass and can't be eaten  :P
12/11/10 Displaced Transverse Patellar Fx
12/14/10 ORIF
1/3/11 Staples out, Bledsoe OR Brace: Locked WB, 45 deg NWB
1/24 brace locked for WB 6 more weeks
1/31 1st PT: got to 50 (goal 45) 6 wk goal 90
3/7 - at 62 deg HW pokes out; wire front of knee cut down 4 stitches; FWB no brace

Offline krazyknees

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »
The cutest havanese dog
1/2010 LK - LR, imbridement
6/2010 RK - LR, imbridement
6/2011 LK - TTT
7/2012 RK - Derotational tibial osteotomy, MPFL reconstruction
11/2012 LK - Derotational tibial osteotomy, MPFL reconstruction
8/2013 RK - TTT and hardware removal both knees
12/2014 RK - Trochleoplasty

Offline Faklanman

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2012, 09:13:47 PM »
I really like pets :)

I have 2 cats, one dog and 5 gold fishes in a mademyself aquarium ^_^

support