Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: POST OP -OSTEOCHONDRAL ALLOGRAFT TRANSPLANTATION  (Read 2702 times)

Offline LeandroTortura

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 4
POST OP -OSTEOCHONDRAL ALLOGRAFT TRANSPLANTATION
« on: November 30, 2014, 12:59:35 AM »
HI guys,

I am here to say that I am in 2weeks post op and am so glad to hear and feel everything looks so fine in my rehab and surgery! I had a replaced bone and cartilage in my lateral part around 1.5 cm of diameter(PLUG). My doc in Canada said that I will be able to come back practice sports and my knee was not so bad!  ;D. I used to be a volleyball player at university team. He also joked that I will be able to compete through the national team XDDD! It was so good to hear things like that!! Thus, I am here to share with you this positive news!! During this time 6 weeks no weight bearing and a lot of patience!!! My Knee is progressing very well, I don't feel pain and I am able to bend my knee more than enough 90 degrees. Strength's quad is getting better... XD
24 years old, Volleyball player
ACL 2009 ON Left Knee
Microfractures on Left Knee 2012

Offline MDAL

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 108
Re: POST OP -OSTEOCHONDRAL ALLOGRAFT TRANSPLANTATION
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »
Great news!

Hope it keeps going well until it's all healed and functional. So be patient and very careful in the next 4 weeks remaining until you can put weight on it.

Offline hopalong2

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 14
Re: POST OP -OSTEOCHONDRAL ALLOGRAFT TRANSPLANTATION
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 01:30:40 PM »
So happy for you, after your long wait, that the surgery went well!  I had a similar surgery four and a half months ago.  My best advice for you is to take it easy and try to be as patient as you can.  Once you're weight bearing, you'll still have a lot of recovering ahead of you. 

support