Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Old MCL /meniscus problem?  (Read 418 times)

Offline Tobygoodbar

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Old MCL /meniscus problem?
« on: July 13, 2013, 03:31:42 AM »
Hope I'm in the right place...

Here goes...
The original injury occurred about 4 or 5 years ago. My MCL was torn pretty badly while sparring. I woke up the next day and it was locked in place. I had no insurance, only a friend in the medical field who also treated the football players at the local college. He snuck me in after hours and had only available only older limited equipment. He said I had torn my MCL and possibly meniscus but there was no way to tell w.out access to better equipment which he could sneak me in for. He said I had a good shot to heal without surgery.

After it healed up n went away, I've had ZERO problems w.it, even while sparring, or playing sports, running, jumping and all that. About a month ago I woke up with pain in that side of my knee. After a few days it subsided from chronic pain. It's gotten better but it hurts if I run, but ONLY for the range of motion where the knee is already up and is beginning to extend the shin.once it comes back down, no pain. The other way to elicit pain is to sit down and rest the corresponding ankle/foot on the opposite knee.

The above is really the only time/position I get pain. I can do weighted squats, walk normally, sit, etc.

I have no idea what's going on and my doctor friend has moved away to Texas last I heard. So I need someone to consult.

Is this normal?possible re injury? Meniscus damage?

support