Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee pain  (Read 445 times)

Offline JenniferAnn1221

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee pain
« on: July 12, 2013, 07:23:18 AM »
So for the past 4 years I have been having sever knee pain that comes and goes. I have had several x rays all showing nothing. Last July I was in the walk in cooler at my old job when i slipped and fell causing my knee to pop and twist and the pain to become chronic. I had an MRI and x ray and my doctor told me i was fine and to just deal with it. After a month of barely being able to walk and a month off work I was starting to feel better. About 2 weeks back into work the pain returned and i couldnt take it so i went back to the dr who told me again it was nothing. In March of this year I went to see a different ortho who again did x rays and told me i pulled my muscles and i needed PT. I did the month of PT and had some relief. He also noted on my x rays and MRIs that my knee cap is 4 degrees out of place. After I finished my PT the pain returned once again but now when i straghten my leg out my foot goes numb. I talked to the new orth about this and he brushed it off. He refuses to do the knee scope thinking it is unnecessary. Since April I have been in so much pain and no one will do anythig about it. My knee pops and locks up it gets to the point where it just gives out too. I cant take it any more. I made an appointment with yet again another ortho for later this month but I dont know what to tell him. Has any one else ever had this problem or am i like crazy. It hurts so bad I cant take it I just want the pain to go away.  :-\

Offline JessJess28

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 18
Re: Knee pain
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 08:16:59 PM »
You probably aren't crazy. You just need a good Ortho. Are you in the US or UK? Maybe someone can suggest a good OS near you. Do you have patella tracking issues? A good Ortho will be able to figure out what is wrong and if it can be fixed surgically. I hope you get some answers soon.
History of Dislocations
12/08 Scope
3/2013 TTO, Lateral Release, Medial Reefing, Grade III Patella lesion.
11/2013 TTO L knee, LR, Medial Reefing, R knee screw removal