Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Slipping on wet floor after osteotomy  (Read 658 times)

Offline Curz

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Slipping on wet floor after osteotomy
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:23:50 PM »
Hi kneegeeks

Ive had an osteotomy on my left knee last monday. I was walking on my crutches when my good foot slipped on water thus naturally leading to me placing all my weight through my bad leg. It hurt a lot. I have no pain at the osteotomy site (its bone so would take a major trauma to break that and the plate) but have pain at the back left of my knee.

I know it isnt my acl - i dont have one! But i get a stretching feeling, almost like ive pulled something. I dont know what else is around that I could tweek as my left knee has ruptured two acls, got rid of all my meniscus and is not in good shape.

Anyone had a similar slip following an osteotomy?

In worried!

Matt
Tore acl 2007 and meniscus
Acl recon op and meniscus 2011
Tore reconstructed ACL feb 2012 and meniscus gone 2012
Leg out of alignent jan 2013 with lots of pain
HIgh tibial osteotomy on left knee june 2013. Patella tendon acl recon failed during operation june 2013.

Offline WonkeyDonkey

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 12
Re: Slipping on wet floor after osteotomy
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
Hi Curz

Sorry to hear that you slipped, easily done when on crutches. I was told that the metal plate holding an osteotomy site open is strong enough to withstand weight bearing from the offset, so hopefully you wont have done any damage to the osteotomy itself. However if you have pains at the back of your knee, it maybe worth contacting either your physio or your OS just to check.

I had an HTO in Nov 2011 and put my foot down badly once, and all was ok afterwards.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

WD

Offline Curz

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Slipping on wet floor after osteotomy
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 07:29:38 PM »
Hi WD

Thanks for your response, its good to know others have been through the traumas! It seems to have surpassed, ice and elevation really does work!

Thanks

Matt
Tore acl 2007 and meniscus
Acl recon op and meniscus 2011
Tore reconstructed ACL feb 2012 and meniscus gone 2012
Leg out of alignent jan 2013 with lots of pain
HIgh tibial osteotomy on left knee june 2013. Patella tendon acl recon failed during operation june 2013.

support