Advertisement - Hide this advert

Poll

How long the hemarthrosis will gone ?   any advice?

knee injury from motorcycle accident.  any advice?
0 (0%)
How long the hemarthrosis will gone ?   any advice?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Need advice from motorcycle accident.  (Read 4433 times)

Pin2Ride

Need advice from motorcycle accident.
« on: June 23, 2013, 04:00:40 PM »
Hi all,

Long time no post here in the past  3 years old of a mimic knee surgery. I'm still very active person as usually.  I bought a new motorcycle Kawasaki Ninja250R and enjoyed it for a while.

Yes, you bet it! I had motorcycle's accident  in 25 days ago. I was lost controll and heavy breaked (dead lock without ABS option) .  :(

I failed of motorcycle to the ground road , the knee hit it first  and then overlay on my right leg to slide in 5-6 metres   on the road. I can stand up to carry on the bike as very quickly without pain in 30 seconds.   My right knee was swollen  fully of hemarthrosis in 1-2 minutes after the accident.  OMG!  I can't feel in patella knee.  (I know on later that nerve was dead by hit at time.)   :'(

I could walk but hard to walk and couldn't bending the leg.  I can just ice on knee while waiting for my friend to pick up  me and bike to his truck in 2 hours later.

I went to ER  after 7 hours.  I have been busy to dealing the insurance of my bike before getting the ER.  The OS  was order to x-ray and cleaning the wound (see the photo)  The x-ray came out negative without broken or fracture.  He said "The ligament might be injury and a lot of hemarthrosis but he doesn't know  that ACL tear or not ? "  He suggests me to see my  private OS as soon as possible.  My right leg was Jone's bandaging for 4 days.

I saw the private OS who taked care of my knee case for along in 7 days after accident.  He was test on my knee by lackman's test and came out negative.  I was relived.  He said "We have to see and wait (Policy) in 5-6 weeks" 

Now, my knee swollen down but under knee cap look abnormal and can't bending less then  90 degree.  I went to see the private OS in 4 days ago and he said  "it gonna be fine and take a rest for a while. Try to do full ROM" 

When i try to do ROM  but can't do it  coz it get stucking on knee cap. ( see the arrow in the picture)  it's different from knee surgury and I never had a knee injury before like this. 

I didn't sleep as  well everynight coz of uncomfortable .   I don't know how long is the hemarthrosis will be gone? I want to back to sport as soon.....   :( :(     I don't see the any good sign of these.    :'(  :'(

any advice ????   it's would be much  appreciate.   

PS. Sorry my bad English.   :D

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: Need advice from motorcycle accident.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
No one can really tell you for sure how long it will take for you to recover from this. Tendons, ligaments, articular cartilage are all avascular, which means they don't have blood supplies like muscles do, so they heal EXTREMELY slowly. What you do to yourself in seconds can take months, if not years to mend.

Your knee still looks like it's swollen. If it's been at least 4-6 weeks since the accident and you still can't get past 90 degrees of bend, I'd be asking that they do an MRI and find out why the knee is locking up.

Meanwhile, keep working on the ROM as much as you can, and keep doing whatever they have instructed to try and keep the muscle atrophy at bay.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Pin2Ride

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 02:06:40 AM »
Thank you so much for nice advice!  DM   :D

I'm still trying to do ROM as i can but i still unconformable on the night when sleeping.

I hope that it  not gonna be  take over a year to mend.  >:(    It's very different from knee surgery recovery process and I have a lot of questions as i afraid of ligaments problem.

My OS doesn't say if i can't bending over 90 degree and then should be more diagnosis by MRI or something to do.  He said "just injury from the accident and it must take time."  Anyway, it's past of 4 weeks since accident so I have to wait and see.  (GOD! I'm so boring and annoying !) 

I'm just back to sport and i didn't do  work out  for a month ,its make me mad. 

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 09:31:51 PM »
You CAN work yourself up an upper body workout routine and do that daily, on top of the exercises you're supposed to do for the knee.... then you won't feel like you're being such a couch potato, if you're used to being THAT active...

Go to the store, get yourself an exercise band and a pair of adjustable hand weights, and work up a routine... I'm sure if you utilize the internet search engines, you can come up with two routines, one for monday/wednesday/friday and another for tuesday/thursday/saturday. Doing so will keep you busy and out of trouble while you wait on the knee to mend.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Pin2Ride

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 01:15:57 PM »
Thanks for your kindly advice ! DM

Actually , I'm usually  that work out routines on my upper body 3 times per weeks.  ;)

Well, my knee is seem like have water in the under kneecap.  :-\    :-\   it's after 5 weeks since accidents.  Is it normal to recovery on themself ?? 

I'm going back to recheck on my knee on next 2  weeks to make sure.

My ROM is over 90 degrees.  it's ok for me but still can not to do full ACTIVE.