Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Got my CT results  (Read 1086 times)

Offline blusky_1

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
    • My Webshots Albums
Got my CT results
« on: January 23, 2004, 03:05:48 AM »
Well, today was the moment of truth. I have patellar maltracking again and an issue I can't find anything on. Apparently, when you're born, your leg bones are somewhat rotated, and move into "normal" positioning as you grow. Well, mine never did. Apparently, it isn't too common and the cause is unknown. I should have asked if its genetic, seeing all the probs my grandmother had.

Aside from extensive surgery, there's no cure. Best bet is PT. I have my first appt on Feb 2.  I can't remember the name of the therapy I'll be going thru, but the doc said they'll put a brace on my leg for the exercises...ring any bells to anyone?? He's hoping to correct the maltracking by strengthening. I asked the resident who I also saw if there's a support/brace I can wear regularly since I'm having such problems. He didn't have any suggestions for me.  In a few weeks, I'll have money to spend on a good support if I find one. Is there anything you guys swear on for maltracking?

Also, he gave me a script for Mobic since nothing else has helped.
Arthroscopy 8/8/03 - partial meniscectomy (x2), chondroplasty, lateral release (failed). 1/04 - dx with "miserable alignment". 11/04 - dx patella baja.

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Got my CT results
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 12:49:02 PM »
Hi,

Have you had a look in the Patello Femoral section, there are a lot of people posting in there who have maltracking problems.  Also look in the steps to enlightenment under patello femoral section.  A lot of people with maltracking problems end up with LR or TTT, but hopefully you will be able to get through with just PT, braces and taping.  Good luck.

Natalie.
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA
4 Debridements
Partial Meniscectomy
Failed Microfracture
11mm Defect LFC
Bone Spurs, Kissing Lesions

Offline blusky_1

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
    • My Webshots Albums
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 03:57:55 PM »
Natalie. I had a LR in August, which has obviously failed. Considering the fact that my bones don't line up as they should, another LR would likely be pointless. At this point, I'm just waiting to see more problems pop up with the left leg. :( I've had problems with both knees and hips since I was 15 and at least now I know there is a cause for the pain, and my hips rotating slightly out of socket.
Arthroscopy 8/8/03 - partial meniscectomy (x2), chondroplasty, lateral release (failed). 1/04 - dx with "miserable alignment". 11/04 - dx patella baja.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 04:05:34 PM »
My favorite tracking brace, depends on how you maltrack is the Breg PTO brace.  I have had a few different braces from differetn companies..but I coudlnt' live without my PTO. :) I have one for each knee actually. ;D They are a bit bulky with the hinges on the sides, but I find give you the best ROM with a brace on. It's great for those really bad days when you are completely overwhelmed.
Hope taht helped
you can go to the Breg site and check out their Patellfemoral braces , www.breg.com
Take care and good luck
LInds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 05:58:06 PM »
Hey !

Anyway you know what it is know. Although it most be some relief for you. I think you sounds more positive now. Good to hear from you, I've been waiting for your results. I also got problems which can't be solved by surgery though what the docs in Sweden say. But spite of that it's always good to know what's wrong if people ask you can explain what's wrong. Are you home or working now ? I have pt every week, for the moment I'm down on once a week cause I'm always getting worse at the winter. Then I also do excercises at home every day. Wish you luck with your first appointment.
Let me know how you are doing.

hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.