Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: mpfl 7&1/2 week post op pain concern  (Read 567 times)

Offline Kat90

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
mpfl 7&1/2 week post op pain concern
« on: June 16, 2013, 01:56:02 AM »
the question is should i be worried.

the last two days i have been experiencing knee pain in what i believe is the graft anchor site of my mpfl, on the inner part of my leg. come to think of it my knee has been sore the last week but it seems to be getting worse.
prior to this i was pain free and was cleared for work, worked a couple of short shifts on my feet, i felt a little numb and sore after but i didn't feel any worst for wear.

But now after standing and during the night and in the morning i am getting a burning pain.
i know it has only been 7 1/2 weeks but is it normal for pain to come back?

2005-2013- countless events of patella subluxion/ dislocation, sprain (L knee).
23/4/13- MPFL recon + surprise medial meniscectomy (L knee) and the discovery of a partial acl tear.
11/15 -Grade 3 ACL tear...damn
13/01/2016- ACL reconstruction (patella tendon)
-keeping physios in business since 2005-

Offline allyd

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 34
Re: mpfl 7&1/2 week post op pain concern
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 03:01:35 AM »
especially if you have been more active and gone back to work, been on your feet - I personally don't think it should be a concern. Just a sign that maybe it was a little to much at this point.

to be honest, I still get some pain at my femur attachment site when I'm overly active with certain movements; and I'll be 2 yrs post op in September.

But as always, if you are unsure, call your doctor. Everything else is just guesswork.
04/09 RK - Dislocated Patella & Grade III MCL Tear
06/10 RK - Re-Dislocation Patella
09/11 RK - MPFLr + Lateral Lengthening

Offline natasha1905

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: mpfl 7&1/2 week post op pain concern
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 09:43:33 PM »
Hi Kat

I agree with allyd that if you have been more active than normal then its natural to be in a bit more pain. It could just be that your body is telling you that you are doing too much too soon. But you know your own body and if the pain is really unusual and doesnt feel normal to you get it checked out. Better to be safe than sorry.

I was 7 weeks into my recovery of my first mpfl surgery and one of my scars started to get warm and angry looking. I also just started back to work. Physio was also a lot more painful and i started to walk with a bit of a limp whereas i was walking ok before then. Turned out I had an infection. Best to get checked out if something doesnt feel right.

Take care! 

support