Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Sharp pain 7 weeks post op ACLr revision  (Read 632 times)

karen

Sharp pain 7 weeks post op ACLr revision
« on: May 08, 2013, 10:07:07 AM »
Hi folks, was just wondering if anybody had an idea why I have this severe pain on the inside of my knee.

Quick history: 1 arthroscopy, 1 hamstring ACLr failed, 1 bone graft/micro fracture, 1 patella ACLr.

My Physio is going very well but under the instruction of my surgeon it is to be slow rehab with a brace for 2 months. I am using 1 crutch but the pain was so bad I had to use 2 this morning.
My Physiotherapist told me the pain was from the patella as they had cut into it but this sharp stabbing pain started after the bone graft/micro fracture (I think).
The arthritis has been graded between 2 and 3 could this be what's causing the pain? Or could it be that after the micro fracture it healed too well and is now over grown? Sometimes when it's painful it feels like its 'moving' inside. The graft is intact but my proprioception isn't vey good because I have been wearing the brace for about 18 months.

My surgeon says he will let me get over the ACLr first before looking at why I have got the pain but gave no indication as to what it might be. I will be seeing him in 2 weeks.

I may be way of the mark with everything but I do know that it's hindering my progression of getting back to work etc.

Thanks for reading

Karen

Offline cassieoz

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Sharp pain 7 weeks post op ACLr revision
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 08:01:28 AM »
Hi Karen,

I know its been a long time,  however i wanted to know how you are going now!?

Cassie
LEFT KNEE
1st ACLr -Hamstring 17th August 2007
2nd ACLr -Allograft hamstring 5th September 2008
Bone Allograft- 24th November 2014
3rd ACLr - Patella 22nd June 2015