Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Needs Encouragement  (Read 25971 times)

Offline joanfan123

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Needs Encouragement
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2012, 03:29:04 AM »
Not much changes in my knees, still both pretty painful. I thought the pain in my hip was getting better for a day or two but now it is worse, while the level of pain in about the same, it has only been while lying down or sitting, but it hurt while I was walking around today. Also i got the name and number of the OS my aunt is recommending and my mom is probably going to call tomorrow.

This may sound really bad but I am kind of hoping that one of my knees will dislocate. Since one of the reasons my OS wants to wait for surgery is because he still considers both my knees functional. I however do not consider them functional, as I can not do daily activities. My knees are affecting my future plans, and that is not what I consider functional
May '10- PT LK
June '11- PT LK
October '11- Cortisone LK
11/8/11- Arthroscope Fat Pad trimmed LK

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2012, 09:00:04 PM »
Dislocation isn't a joke. You might never regain full function if it is not properly repaired, or if you have healing problems.

Did you make an appointment to see the new OS?
Have had tilted kneecaps for many years, and occasional patellar tendinitis.

Offline joanfan123

• Regular Poster
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2012, 01:51:46 AM »
I know, but I don't have full function of my knee now.

I have an appointment to see the new OS the first week of September. My cousin might be coming with me too, as he may have re-injured his knee playing Frisbee. Who knew OS appointments could be a family outing?

What is really frustration it that neither knee gives out on a regular basis anymore, my muscle are really getting strong but the pain is getting worse. This is another reason I don't think a year will make a difference, my knees are getting worse faster than ever.
May '10- PT LK
June '11- PT LK

Offline joanfan123

• Regular Poster
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2012, 05:14:45 AM »
The last few days have not been good, between bouts of pain and swelling and a ton of my knee caps popping around.My knees and hip have been killing me all day, no matter what I have been doing, even though I was mostly sitting around at a bake sale today but got up and down a lot so they shouldn't even be stiff from sitting to long. I went out to dinner with my grandma, and at that point my hip was the worst it has ever been and sitting with it at a 90 degree angle for all of dinner and in the car was torture. Also while standing I felt my left knee cap slipping out of place down to the outside, I bent and straitened it, and it snapped back into place while popping/crunching. My left knee has crunched a few times since but not as bad. I also can not get to sleep because of the pain :(

On the bright side I have survived 6 weeks of camp with only 2 to go. Also next week is my cousin's wedding, so that should be fun.
May '10- PT LK
June '11- PT LK

Offline joanfan123

• Regular Poster
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2012, 04:32:54 AM »
I survived my summer job! In all the summer was not too bad, at least not as bad as I thought.

Except this past week, I went to a sleep away camp with my youth group and that ended up being pretty painful. Now I have four painful joints, both of my knees and both of my hips. I have notice each joint that starts hurting goes down hill faster with kind of freaks me out. My left knee pain got worse in a matter of years, my right knee took a few months, my left hip took a few weeks, and the right hip only took about a week to get bad. I have already been tested for auto-immune diseases.  I really hope that it all has to do with the rotational deformities, either way it worries me but I am going to HSS in a week or two anyway so it seems pointless to do anything now.

I start school tomorrow and I am not totally sure how I will handle all the walking and stairs plus the sitting. 

Also my cousin's wedding was a lot of fun. I wore four inch heels, which are the highest heels I have ever worn, it was the first time I wore heels in over a year if not two, although I did practice before hand. I also put inserts in them. My legs did well that night pain wise, but the were extremely clicky, so I am guessing the tracking was pretty bad or something.
May '10- PT LK
June '11- PT LK

Offline huntingandmoon

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2012, 05:27:37 PM »
Hi,

I read that you have an appointment at the HSS in NYC.  I was there in January for my on going pain &  instability following a TKR and then a liner exchange.  You will find the radiology department personnel to be wonderful, not to mention the view in the waiting room, overlooking the East River to be very calming.  Who will you be seeing at HSS?

Keep us posted and take care!
Diana

Offline joanfan123

• Regular Poster
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2012, 09:53:11 PM »
I am seeing Dr. Anil Rawanat.
May '10- PT LK
June '11- PT LK

Offline joanfan123

• Regular Poster
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2012, 01:08:44 AM »
* Ranawat

The first two days of school went Ok, but today was horrible between my hips and my knees I have been in so much pain all day I am actually nauseous. I spent my free periods lying down in the nurses' office and was icing all day. Since I came home I have been lying down with a heat pad on my hips. Nothing seems to help, tomorrow I have to get through school plus work, I don't know how I will do it if I have another day like today.

I have really been working on my attitude towards all this and even last week when I had to sit out for a lot of activities I thought I was relatively positive. I have really tried to look at the good in this situation, be happy I didn't go through a bunch of surgery destined to fail because of my rotational deformities. Today all of that kind of fell apart, it feels like I will never be able to walk pain free. It feels like one day soon I might not even be able to walk.

My OS appointment is in a week from Friday, but it is only for a second opinion. Depending what happens I think I am going to ask to talk about pain management because there is no way I can go on like this for another year.
May '10- PT LK
June '11- PT LK

Offline joanfan123

• Regular Poster
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2012, 09:30:50 PM »
The new OS was shocked when I came in with about 60 pages of research and studies. I think I showed them I was really serious about doing what ever it takes to be pain free. We discussed doing a CT vs MRI, he said the radiation was a concern so I am getting an MRI of both my left hip and left knee, and he will try to measure the angles from that but he doesn't think the mal-alignment is the problem.

He thinks the problem is a hip problem that is just causing pain in the knee, and is on both sides. So I am getting the MRIs Monday assuming the insurance approves getting both, then he will call to discuss the diagnoses and next step. Right now it looks like he will probably send me for PT for my hips, and if that doesn't work I will get a cortisone injection in my hip and if the injection works we will look into surgery. Pretty similar to what I went through with my knee.
May '10- PT LK
June '11- PT LK

Offline joanfan123

• Regular Poster
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2012, 08:32:15 PM »
I haven't posted here lately as I have been diagnosed with hip impingement recently but thought I would post a link to the blog I started,
 http://houseosblog.blogspot.com/
May '10- PT LK
June '11- PT LK

Offline joanfan123

• Regular Poster
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »
Just thought I would update. I recently had euflexxa injections in my left knee which have helped a lot. Also I saw a rheumatologist this week, and I was tested for RA. Also was put on prescription NSAIDs. In about a week and a half when I go back to both OS and rheumy I will find out about getting hip surgery. For more details look at my blog.
May '10- PT LK
June '11- PT LK

Offline joanfan123

• Regular Poster
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2013, 09:36:03 PM »
I figured I would give a quick update. The euflexxa worked great for a while but wore off. I am now seeing a rheumatologist and an auto-immune disease is possible. I had hip surgery in February and will be having one on my other hip in June. I also changed my blogs url to lifewithaflare.blogspot.com
May '10- PT LK
June '11- PT LK

support