Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Adipose Derived Stem Cells in both knees & both triceps  (Read 4980 times)

Offline fakereality

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Adipose Derived Stem Cells in both knees & both triceps
« on: April 29, 2013, 05:01:08 AM »
L knee - 18 month old osteochondral defects. medial part of the patella 5 mm. extends inferiorly.

medial edge of mid weight bearing surface of the medial femoral condyle 1 cm.

R knee - 4 months out plica excision. it was frayed and the surgeon was very skilled but I think my knee misses its plica.

my last few MRI showed perfectly healthy knees but I had horrible pain 24/7 L knee, and pain with mild use of the R knee. If I taped my left knee, the pain would go away instantly (wish i figured that one out earlier)

My doctor said to gain 5-10 pounds for this, being healthy, it was the hardest thing i've had to do in my life. took almost 2 months, i gained 8 pounds. I never want to look at cream puffs or oreo cookies or food again.

I'm 24 F my quads have atrophied :(
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:01:56 AM by fakereality »

Offline fakereality

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Adipose Derived Stem Cells in both knees
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 05:01:37 AM »
Day 0 - I was awake for the procedure, or for the first half until i dozed off. she managed to get 120 ml or CC of fat from my abdomen. Spun them and I had 176,000 cells, or 88,000 stem cells per knee. Knees don't hurt any more from the procedure, but my stomach hurt like I had done 10 000 sit ups and tore my rectus abdominus muscles proper.

Dr then gave me PRP injection to each knee.

Day 8 - been biking at no resistance 5, 10, 15 or 20 min/day, no change in knee pain, stomach little sore. I had to do stairs to my house a few times this week, went easy. I think i'm allowed light walking/cycling. but I want to take go easy I think it'll work better if i stay off it as much as I can so the cells can lay a foundation..

Offline fakereality

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:35:05 PM »
Day 10 - had my first growth hormone injection to both knees. have to stay in and rest for 3 days. Left knee kills pretty much all the time if I don't tape it.

Offline fakereality

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 02:14:50 AM »
Day 30 - had my second round of growth hormone injections in both knees, as well as my 1 month post PRP to both knees.
I was doing some uphill treadmill for cardio last week for 5-15 minutes and a little stationary cycling. until it started hurting by day 5 so I stopped.

Today for the first time ever I woke up with my pain dimished by 80 % L knee. Even after walking. Hope it lasts. post growth hormone protocol - take it easy for a few days.. so internet.. meet Kat.

Offline fakereality

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 01:59:51 AM »
Day 38 - had my 3rd round of growth hormone to each knee. Had to wait in customs line up today and had to ice my left knee all day. Right feels sore still. Not exercising yet, can't wait to tackle some hills. Now we wait.

Offline fakereality

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 04:02:03 PM »
8 weeks - had 2 ml of hyaluronic acid and a crapload of PRP injections (8 vials of bloodworth?) in both knees, was out for 3+ days with the worst pain I have experienced EVER.

11 weeks - my left knee is still crap not sure if some days I see improvement or not. Hopefully it's still early.

My right knee isn't irritated as much and going downstairs is not painful anymore, walking and swimming don't inflame it as much anymore (before it took a couple minutes to bring pain since plica removal) I still favor this knee when I stand so it takes a beating.

Offline fakereality

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 02:59:06 AM »
5 months out: Left knee was in pain all the time. Awful pain going down to my foot and back.

Had a diagnostic scope yesterday. He found an inflamed plica and shaved it down this time. its been 26 hours and my knee feels fantastic. it doesnt grind or crunch anymore and I dont have pain weight bearing. Although the local hasnt worn off yet and my knee is just a bit swollen and hot, this could be good.

Right knee feels way better. I dont feel that hollow uncomfortable grindyish feeling I had after my plica was removed. It hurts way less frequently now and doesn't last even a few minutes. It's not perfect especially since I'm way overcompensating because of my left. But thank god my "good" knee is behaving more like it.

I had 29,000 stem cells injected into my [mri diagnosed] tricep tendinitis which had me in pain thru all my waking hours at the elbow. That pain went away instantly 5 months ago and only comes back when I over stress my arm. But it also goes away. Which helps with strengthening.

Last weekend I had another procedure done where she took fat out of my abdominals again to inject stem cells into both my elbows. She got only half as much fat this time (because the elbow joint is only 1/2 as big as the knee) , but because that is where she got it from last time, i had twice as many stem cells because the body sent them over there to repair what she did last time. So I had 1 million stem cells injected in each arm between my tricep tendon, and elbow joint.

Offline fakereality

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 09:00:43 AM »
1 year out stem cells to both knees

7 months post L knee plica shaving

My left knee has severe PFS from muscle wasting in my quads. My brace holds my kneecap in place and makes some form of excersize possible. it hurts less now that I wear it all the time, i'm building my muscles back up, this should address the issue of that knee.

My right knee is taking a beating from overuse. Now when I walk, my left knee with its brace doesnt react while the right one hurts immediatley making me want to cry :( going to get an MRI hope it shows something).

L knee hurts at rest still due to the damage done from the patella maltracking. R knee hurts with use.

7 months both triceps tendons & arm stem cells.

Both my arms are 95% pain free. After a long day of traveling and dragging heavy luggage, one or both may ache for the following day but it is getting less and less frequent. I can work out my upper body now with little side effects. taking it slow, as she had said not to do any triceps excersizes for 6 months.

Conclusion

For chronic tendinosis and overuse injuries, stem cells are a godsend. Almost immediately the pain goes away and if you don't stress it, it doesn't come back and the fibres in the tissue work overtime to heal it up nicely.

The stem cells I had for my triceps tendinitis was not simply placebo, as I was suffering with intense arm / elbow pain for 18 months prior. I had acquired the tendinosis in the triceps from daily overuse for 3 months without a rest day.

For my knees my last scope the surgeon did not find any hint of cartalige damage, even though it was on the weight bearing aspect and was quite painful in the beggining. This may be due to the Human Growth Hormone injections I had into the knee before the stem cells, or the stem cells I had injected, or a combination of both.

I keep forgetting that stem cells work for 1-2 possibly more years to come. Since some die off, but the others just multiply!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:04:57 AM by fakereality »

Offline psny

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 14
Re: Adipose Derived Stem Cells in both knees & both triceps
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 07:12:57 AM »
FakeReality,

Amazing journal! It is very much appreciated on these forums. You should also post here: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?board=53.0

As for your journal, do you know how many IU's of HGH was injected into each knee? Also, where did you have this procedure done? This sounds like a great protocol for cartilage regrowth, which apparently you have had a good amount of considering you had a large 5mm lesion that is no longer visible via arthroscopy.

Also, did you "save" your knee much during the treatment? Meaning did you walk on it normally, get up from sitting normally, or were you more cautious in order to let the cells settle and grow?

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:18:24 AM by psny »

Offline MDAL

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 108
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 11:32:18 AM »
Interesting indeed. There are many forum members posting good results from the combo Stem cells + PRP + HGH.

This one being confirmed by surgery visualization showing complete fill of a 5mm plus another of a 1 cm defect is absolutely amazing...

As PSNY mentioned, could you please post more detailed info? Perhaps a concise timeline of what you had in your left knee, the amounts injected (how much of HGH for example).

This would be precious.

Offline fakereality

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 06:17:01 PM »
FakeReality,

Amazing journal! It is very much appreciated on these forums. You should also post here: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?board=53.0

As for your journal, do you know how many IU's of HGH was injected into each knee? Also, where did you have this procedure done? This sounds like a great protocol for cartilage regrowth, which apparently you have had a good amount of considering you had a large 5mm lesion that is no longer visible via arthroscopy.

Also, did you "save" your knee much during the treatment? Meaning did you walk on it normally, get up from sitting normally, or were you more cautious in order to let the cells settle and grow?

The most my Dr would inject into my body at once would be 6 IU. Because of my gender, and age this is the highest he can go without side effects. When he did both knees it was 3 IU per knee. Can't recall if he ever did 6 IU per one knee. My instructions were to take it easy for a few days afterwords so I was on the couch for the weekend, then back to normal. Cartilage can't re-grow when you are weight bearing - but with the GH it seemed to work.

I have gotten a few rounds of treatment throughout the years. initially it was 6 months after my injury. We did one injection per week for 4 weeks. After 6 weeks the pain went away but would come back after I started exercising ( going harder than just cycling/walking )

eventually I had another round and same deal after 6 weeks the pain diminished until I messed it up again and the pain was back. This maybe happened one more time seeing as how I didn't learn my lesson and just wasn't okay with being a cripple at 23 :(

I went back into it too hard and I paid for it. I hypothesize that in those 6 weeks the cartilage regrew, but didn't get enough time to harden so I re tore it again.

The last round I had before stem cells the pain never went away at any week mark.

My Drs. protocol is 3-6 IU weekly, or bi-weekly, (maybe more too if schedules permit) . I think longer is better because you would get 4 injections within 2 months - thats a lot of GH floating around in there and with being allowed to stay active its probably necessary.

pm me for info on my drs
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:19:46 PM by fakereality »

Offline fakereality

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 06:27:28 PM »
Interesting indeed. There are many forum members posting good results from the combo Stem cells + PRP + HGH.

This one being confirmed by surgery visualization showing complete fill of a 5mm plus another of a 1 cm defect is absolutely amazing...

As PSNY mentioned, could you please post more detailed info? Perhaps a concise timeline of what you had in your left knee, the amounts injected (how much of HGH for example).

This would be precious.

HEY, do you know why I cant reply to your pm? or message anyone for that matter? WHERES THE BUTTON

thx

Offline MDAL

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 10:26:11 PM »
FakeReality:

You can't reply because of the website rules. You can only use private messages (send) after you have 20 posts.

I will send you my email address by PM. I would be thankful if you let me squeeze some information :) I have also had stem cells from fat and 11 PRPs by now and counting. Also a success story, but have no confirmation by MRI or surgery yet. (well I plan to get an MRI later in time), however my knee is now totally asymptomatic in terms of pain and inflammation.

I plan to continue treatments though, although I am now out of problems. My problems were bigger than yours to start, both meniscus trimmed, and holes all over the place... I am also much older (close to 40), so I don't have the same potential for recovery as you...  will take more shots.

Offline irishgal

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 10:41:43 PM »
Mdal,

Wondering what your condition is and why you chose PRP?  I'm investigating everything I can in order to avoid (put off) two TKR's.  Thanks for any info!

Offline MDAL

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 11:08:27 PM »
Irishgal:

History: Fracture in the knee, that lead to an open surgery to fix it. 2 extra surgeries to fix the mess left by the first (AF, etc).

3rd surgery, went in with just AF, no pain, just noises. Both meniscus trimmed, and surgeon also decided to make a debridment while there because he found the cartilage breaking off all over the place (both condyles, patella, just everywhere). This last surgery was the beginning of hell, after he shaved everything out, I went from just noises and no pain, to a always on crutches situation that kept aggravating month after month.

Tried HA, no help at all.

Started treatments:

- First a series of 6 PRP, 1 week apart. Serious improvement from this.

- Little break and had combo (stem cells from fat + PRP).

- Series of 5 PRP right after the stem cells 1 week apart from each other (sometimes 10 days apart max).

At the moment, I am 100% asymptomatic. Did another 90 minutes walk today, non-stop, no breaks for sitting. Knee is fine, no inflammation, no pain, no nothing.

I'm 8 months since the beginning of treatments, late 30's male.

EDIT: Read in your posts that you live in Florida, which is the worlds nest for the most amazing stem cells doctors and research. I live in Europe and just take second hand material...

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:16:51 PM by MDAL »

support