Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Muscle pain in non surgurical area  (Read 694 times)

Offline MaryPrankster

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Muscle pain in non surgurical area
« on: April 09, 2013, 02:39:38 PM »
I was wondering if anyone else expirences muscle soreness and pain in muscles other than those directly affected by surgery. I'm pretty sure its from overworking since I'm limping so much (trying to normalized gait but its slow going) but the soreness is making my pt much more difficult so I'm wandering if there is anything I can do to minimize the stress put on them and help ease the achyness. My largest muscle group affected right now seems to be my butt muscles and tibial area on the leg i had surgery on and calf pain in the opposite leg. Thanks for your imput
I will ski again, I will ski again, I will ski again.....

Offline amoxi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Re: Muscle pain in non surgurical area
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 08:21:47 PM »
This is quite usual I guess as I feel my butt quite a lot after stairs or swimming and tibial area after walking. I was asking myself if the tourniquet used during the operation had an influence on the loss of strength in the leg.
Take it easy!  :)
swolen episodes since 2009
plica mediopatelaris discovered 01.2013
plica resection 03.2013

Offline DebbieCJ

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 11
Re: Muscle pain in non surgurical area
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 11:42:12 PM »
Hi Mary,
I'm having the same issue - gluteal muscles aching and thigh muscles in the non-injured leg, where I'm supporting my weight unevenly. Also have back ache due to walking with my injured leg locked straight and having to lift my hip with every step.
I'm hoping this will improve as my rehab progresses and walking gets back to normal.

Debbie
2008 steroid injections, Bilateral arthroscopy
2012 bilateral arthroscopy, cartilage biopsy
2013 MACI (patella), Fulkerson and lateral release march 15th