Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: New here, having TTT in 2 weeks  (Read 611 times)

Offline kneetrouble03

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 5
New here, having TTT in 2 weeks
« on: April 07, 2013, 10:49:42 PM »
Hi there,
I am new to this thread.

I am 25 year old female and have had 5 dislocations of my left kneecap.  I had stabilisation in 2007 after 3 dislocations and it worked really well for 5 years but then I slipped on a banana peel in October 2012 and had two dislocations on the same night.   :P

I had to wait 5 months to see the orthopedic surgeon but finally saw him on Wednesday and I am having TTT on 22nd April - I am a bit nervous as I am unsure of what to expect afterwards!

Offline JessJess28

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 18
Re: New here, having TTT in 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 11:44:40 PM »
Hi!

Sorry to hear about your knee troubles. There is a lot of good info on this site especially the post-op diaries.

I just had a TTT last Friday. Doing better each day. Each post-op diary you read on here will be different though as everyone recovers differently from this surgery. You are young so hopefully you won't have a hard time recovering. Feel free to msg me if you have any questions. Good luck to you!
History of Dislocations
12/08 Scope
3/2013 TTO, Lateral Release, Medial Reefing, Grade III Patella lesion.
11/2013 TTO L knee, LR, Medial Reefing, R knee screw removal

Offline kneetrouble03

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 5
Re: New here, having TTT in 2 weeks
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 06:41:18 AM »
Thanks Jess :-)

I tried to respond to your message but apparently I have to make more posts first :-) I had a scope and MPFL (or something!) reconstruction in 2007 - I'm a bit nervous but not too bad - it's my birthday the day before so at least I get to celebrate on time :D