Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 10 Months post ACL Recon.... Twisted Knee  (Read 528 times)

Offline Ron Da Silva

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
10 Months post ACL Recon.... Twisted Knee
« on: April 02, 2013, 09:49:40 AM »
Greetings all, hoping someone may be able to offer a little advice!!

Just to give some background on my situation, I had an ACL Reconstruction and repair of partial tear of meniscus 10 Months ago. Everything in rehab has gone very well, knee feels strong and have been discharged from the hospital and Physio. However, just 2 days ago I was messing around in the garden playing Rugby when I made a sidestep and my operated knee instantly felt like it Jarred and I had instant pain in the Knee. I shrugged this off as just showigng me that I still have to be carefull but now 2 days later the knee is still painful, expecially when I try to straighten or tense the muscles around the knee.

Can anyone offer any advice on whether this could be something to worry about and whether I should get it checked out (Considering that I have been discharged so would have to start the whole process again).

Thank you in advance to any repliers.

Offline Kaputt_Knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • [Ed: Sue sadly passed away in 2016]
Re: 10 Months post ACL Recon.... Twisted Knee
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 11:26:50 AM »
OK first sorry to see you here again but now the reality check! You need to get it looked and fast if the symptoms are getting worse. Get down to A&E and get a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon or contact your previous surgeons secretary and see if you can get in to see them again ASAP. The sooner you have a clear idea of what has happened, the sooner you can get on with getting it sorted out.

No-one here can diagnose the problem as the majority are patients and the few doctors who pop in are prevented from giving diagnoses over the Internet by their code of practice.

Good luck. I hope it is only a sprain and heals quickly

Sue  :)
1989 big trauma R. knee - sorted
1990-2004 3ACL recons and 20+ arthroscopies -RK
3/06 LK ACL torn!
4/06 ACL recon, kneecap broken
09 &10/06- 2x meniscus trims
3/07 - Notch Plastic & Lateral Release
14/8/08 complete revision ACL plus LCL/PLC recon
6/2/09 returned to skiing! Whoopee

support