Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Will cyst go away?  (Read 441 times)

Offline MyKnee2010

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 15
Will cyst go away?
« on: March 21, 2013, 11:12:16 PM »
Hi,

I have a cyst (about 3 inches long, 1 inch wide) on the medial side of my knee. I had had some fluid/swelling & pain on that side ever since my knee was replaced 2 1/2 yrs ago. Several OS didn't think it was a problem.

I had a denervation surgery on that leg a couple months ago also on the medial side. Since this last surgery, I've had this large cyst. I've had it drained twice but it completely filled up again within 2 days each time.

Last week, I was sent to radiology to have a drain put in. They did an ultrasound & determined there is a hole in the knee joint capsule, which is where the fluid is coming from. They decided not to put in the drain due to risk of infection.  I personally think this all goes back to the knee replacement surgery. I think the joint capsule was leaking some & ripped more after this last surgery.

Now, I'm waiting to hear from the nerve surgeon as to what to do next. It's already been 8 weeks since my surgery & I need to get back to work but I really can't until something is resolved with this as the fluid is causing pressure on the nerves & making my whole leg burn & throb.

Has anyone had anything like this? If so, how did you get it resolved? I don't see how it could heal itself as it has already been 8 weeks since the surgery. Also, if the capsule has been leaking since the knee replacement then that hole has been there for 2 1/2 yrs so I really don't see how that would heal up now.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!