Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Two stage ACL revision  (Read 740 times)

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
Two stage ACL revision
« on: March 20, 2013, 11:43:36 PM »
I have had the first stage of a two stage ACL revision and have been waiting for word on how the bone graft was doing to see if its ready to have the second stage, I received a letter from my OS today which I will post below to see if anyone with any experience of this would like to have a wee read and let me know what you think about his plan for me.

"I had a look at your CT scan. I must say there has been no incorperation of the bone graft in the tibial tunnel. The screw in the femur is still yet to incorporate, this could take quite a while longer,Tibial size is quite big and my tendency is to think we should maybe think about an allograft patellotendon graft for you, I can make the bone blocks as big as they need to be to fill in the tunnels that are there. We discussed this before and you were rather against it, this offers considerable advantages for your knee in view of the CT scan. We can of course leave things be for a little longer to see what incorperation happens in the femur, I suspect it will fill in with bone now. On that basis I think we can crack on with things. I am going to place you on my waiting list for ACL revision with the Allograft and patellotenden graft. Please get in touch if you want to discuss this further and we can certainly go over the pros and cons."

Right folks does this all sound ok I know he mentioned my being reluctant to go with the allograft  but tbh I am happy to go with whatever he thinks is best for now unless anyone has any advice ect 

Just rereading and chating to Vicks about  this and not too sure now if he means to use both allograft and my own patellotenden graft or does he mean the allograft will be the patellatendon  god I'm confused so any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance lovely people
Take care Tez
L K injured 25th June 2008
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture
fiberous band excised from acl
ACLr July 19th 2010  scope on 24th Sept 2011
ACL has failed incorrect tunnel placement
23rd July 2012 1st stage of a 2 stage ACL revision
10th May 2013 2nd stage ACL revision

support