Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Surgery Yesterday  (Read 413 times)

Offline neeseymaye

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Surgery Yesterday
« on: March 19, 2013, 08:57:30 PM »
  I posted here in the last week about my upcoming bilateral knee arthroscopies with partial medial menisectomies.  I did have this surgery done yesterday and also had bilateral patellar chondroplasties.  I am home and for the most part, feeling pretty good.  General anesthesia did exacerbate my asthma a little bit so now I am on 2 liters of oxygen for 48 hours.  Feeling better though.  As for my legs and mobility, I am doing even better than I expected to be doing at this point.  I am mostly just laying down, keeping my legs iced and elevated.  I have taken a couple of doses of Vicodin today, but pain has been about a 2-3/10.  I chose to use a walker, instead of crutches since it was bilateral.  Sunday was a very difficult day for me pain-wise and ambulating.  I really felt like a little old lady at 50!!  I could hardly get up after sitting and it took me a few minutes to regain my balance and steps.  2 hours after my surgery yesterday, I could walk like a champ again.  I am feeling very positive and know that the strength of God was the only thing that has got me through the last 4-5 months.  That, and the people who have been sending up prayers for me have been very felt.  I hope this is encouragement for others who have an upcoming surgery.  I know that there are going to be hills and valleys, but I have an excellent orthopedic surgeon who I feel confidence in.  I start PT next week and any advice I can get on this would be appreciated.  I am a nurse, on my feet much in recovery room so I will probably be taking a full month off.  Any advice appreciated and look forward to the information.      Neeseymaye

Offline LindaM

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 8
Re: Surgery Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 10:38:45 PM »
Way to go!  Hope your recovery keeps racing along at top speed.

Linda :)

>20 yrs. osteo and inflammatory arthritis, fibromyalgia
meniscus repair Sept. 2009
right PKR June 2010
left PKR Feb. 2012