Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: hi guy not been on here for ages but had a big problem  (Read 849 times)

Offline minka

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
hi guy not been on here for ages but had a big problem
« on: March 18, 2013, 10:54:15 AM »
felt like i had done my knee just below the knee cap swimming
mri and x rays said nothing wrong in may well ive hadf it for 12 months was doing not to bad but ankle on that knee hurt when walking
after all the complaining i did they whent in and had a look after 12 months
these are the findings on atheoscopy
patella femoral joint grade 1
medial femoral grade 3
acl significantly stretched
lateral compartment ok
since they been in it cant walk verry far could do one and a half miles before opperation
but me feet keep going cold and been blue also i can stand a knee and ankle but the feet no way
done all me exersises after op and got well a realy good bend on it now but.
im a bit worried when you get cold sores on your big toes
even the better leg has a cold sore on the big toe.
any explanations to this
and when it get about 8pm the feet get really warm again to hot in fact their is no medium with this thing
keep doing my exersises but it worries me a lot
any help would be appritiated cos i seem to still be compensating to the other leg
and im 3 weeks out of the opperation

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: hi guy not been on here for ages but had a big problem
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 05:33:26 AM »
haven't got much of an answer for you. suggest you see physio for eval, with circulation going cold/hot maybe have them check to rule out possible blood clot or nerve issue.  with acl stretched need targeted physio to strengthen knee as much as possible to take up what slack in joint you can w/o surgery unless they think acl repair needed, in which case pre-surgery physio still good idea as it makes recovery later easier.

Sitting around isn't gonna get it better. need to do something about it. 3-4 weeks is typical time for surgery "intrusion" to heal, also gotta get strength back if you've been sitting around and not as active.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline minka

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:20:27 AM »
been walking round and keep doing quad exersises and have quite a bit of mussle power their
but when i walk the ankle feels like is going in and the big toe  feels like ive hit it on somthing
its when you walk on the thing and try to walk normaly the toe comes into play and it looks a bit septic like at the end of the toe like it dosnt want to bend over
it was miles better walking befor op
but if the medial femoral condyle grade 3 is their is their my ankle will be compensating for the significant loss on the inside of the knee even though the other on the outside is good
and if the acl is significantly stretched this wont help any in getting the quad to hold it back as they say patella femorasl joint is grade 1
dint know what you think
regards john

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 370
  • Neelie knee!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 08:28:05 AM »
3 weeks after surgery is very soon - your knee will still be reeling from the trauma of the operation!  What does your physiotherapist say?  Or your surgeon.  Any chnage in temeprature or sensation should be dicussed with a medical professional

Did they explain what the gradings mean? 

Have a read of this - first section explains grade 1, 4 the last section

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/general-knee-info/arthritis-overview/house-articles-arthritis/how-knee-arthritis-progresses

Good luck :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline minka

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »
hi discused it with doctor and he isd sending e for tests on leg blood flow
im realy pleasded i got the leg bending right back and put a lot of effort in the quad exersises before and after opp
knee was a bit better befor op it was just the ankle giving me more pain cos nothing felt streight in it i could get some milage in on the knee but me toe ends feel like i have bad chill blanes on both feet now drives me mad you feel like your walking on your heels because of the big toes im 4 weeks out now
and i have not had any phisio at all see just said keep doing your quad exersises but that ankle is giving me some jip and possibly still compensating a bit to the other foot
lloks to me like half a knee job or full one required
its funny when you walk in correctly how it affects the rest of your body
regards john