Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Recovering from triple transplant. Anyone else out there in the same boat?  (Read 424 times)

Offline Wildcatmatt

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hello.  I just found this board so I've never posted.  Long story short, I'm 40 and just had my 7th left knee surgery.  It all started in 1988 with a torn ACL while playing football.  I had that fixed back then and was in good shape for 20 years.  A couple years ago, the pain started again.  I had a microfracture and a couple scopes to "clean" things up.

Those weren't successful so I found myself on a transplant list for an osteochondral graft, medial meniscus transplant and a new ACL.  After 11 months of waiting and a lot of pain, I received my transplants last week.  So far so good.  I'm not gonna play all cool and say that it doesn't hurt to bad, but I'm getting along as we'll as I could expect.  The long wait was pretty frustrating!

Anyway, I'm not sure how common it is to get all three of those parts at once.  Who else has had the triple transplants all go in at the a same time? And, how has your progress been?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:05:00 AM by Wildcatmatt »

support