Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Patella Dislocation and Fracture  (Read 509 times)

Offline j94freem

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Patella Dislocation and Fracture
« on: March 16, 2013, 05:27:55 PM »
Hi, everyone!
Just yesterday while teaching tennis my kneecap fully dislocated and apparently also caused a patellar fracture. The ER doctor put the patella back in place and I had x-rays done. They also asked me to do a straight leg lift which I did after a few tries and the doctor said that was a good sign. So for anyone who's had dislocation and/or fracture, what does the prognosis look like? I'm applying for internships this summer and so will I probably be in shape to do that? Also, since I was able to do the straight leg lift and they didn't say anything bad about the x-rays, will I probably need surgery?
Sorry for all the questions! This whole thing is just freaking me out!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:36:40 PM by j94freem »

Offline JessJess28

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 18
Re: Patella Dislocation and Fracture
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 08:25:14 PM »
is this your first dislocation? Sometimes with first time dislocations you can just stick with physical therapy. I'm not sure about the patellar fracture though. Do you have an Orthopedic Surgeon? I would definitely follow up with one and find out about the extend of your injuries. They might also want to order an MRI. Hope you feel better soon. I understand your pain.
History of Dislocations
12/08 Scope
3/2013 TTO, Lateral Release, Medial Reefing, Grade III Patella lesion.
11/2013 TTO L knee, LR, Medial Reefing, R knee screw removal

Offline j94freem

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Patella Dislocation and Fracture
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 09:05:01 PM »
This is my first full dislocation. I've done it before (I think it's called subluxing) where it pops and goes right back in but this time the doctor had to put it back in. Yep, I have an orthopedic surgeon who I'll see on Monday so hopefully I can get some answers. Thanks!!