Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: pain  (Read 555 times)

Offline eddie760

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
pain
« on: March 15, 2013, 04:20:05 AM »
So I have recently started walking after being in a knee brace for three months and was wondering is it normal to have pain on the bottom of your foot when you haven't walked for a while. And will breaking scar tissue make a cracking knuckle sound around the knee. Anyone have similar experiences and will it go away.

Offline LindaM

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 8
Re: pain
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
Hi Eddie,

Would you clarify please-were you completely non-weight bearing or is it that you haven't walked any significant distance for a while?  If you have been completely off you have lost some muscle(which helps cushion your foot) and probably had things tighten up as well.  have you tried stretching it out or having a chiropractor loosen up your foot?  You might start with those.  If the pain hits you like a sledge hammer that first step getting out of bed and then after a few steps subsides to a miserable dull ache, it could be plantar fascitis.  Try icing throughout the day, it really helps.

Good luck.  Hope someone has some help with the scar tissue question.

Linda :)
>20 yrs. osteo and inflammatory arthritis, fibromyalgia
meniscus repair Sept. 2009
right PKR June 2010
left PKR Feb. 2012

Offline eddie760

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: pain
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 11:06:34 PM »
Hi Linda,

I had surgery on my knee on Nov. 28 after i fractured it on a little motorcycle accident. So I was non-weight bearing for 1 month and a half and was walking for half a month... bad idea so i had to have surgery on Jan. 16 to fix my knee so I was non weight bearing for a month. I got the okay from my os to start walking at 3 weeks post op. But didn't do it because i was scared to injure it again. I started walking march 14 And I only feel the pain after a few feet of walking. And thank you for your replying to my question.