Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Its Time For a TKR need advice  (Read 402 times)

Offline marco4432

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Its Time For a TKR need advice
« on: March 12, 2013, 10:22:56 PM »
Hi all, I work on my feet have cut down to 3  4 shifts per week, I have finally found a OS who will perform a TKR.

I am completley opiode tollerant due to progressively increaseing opiod medications for the last four years, I cant take the pain anymore and see no other option but to have the TKR ( I can't live with the pain anymore ), OS surgeon says there is no guarantee that the surgery will work, what should I do I see alot of posts about failed TKR online, so if I have the surgery and it fails I will not be able to work and I would have only six months of funds available due to Four surgerys in the last four years.

Any advice, anyone had a sucsessful TKR and could go back to work ??
R Knee Arthospic  06/01/2010, partial lateral menisectomy synvisc injections
Start of dibilitating pain after operation
Ri knee Arthosopic Meniscus tear 03/13/11
partial lateral menisectomy synvisc
 Nerve Surgery09/15/2011Right knee
12/23/11 CT scan nerve block
02/29/12 2nd failed nerve surgery

Offline LindaM

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 8
Re: Its Time For a TKR need advice
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 01:03:46 AM »
Hi Marco,

I have two PKRs, but my co-worker, our school custodian had his very successful TKR last year and is doing all his regular duties without any difficulties.  Expect success, this website is fantastic for your questions and support, but most people get their questions answered and don't continue posting afterward because their surgery was very ordinary and successful.  If you decide to have a TKR be very selective about your surgeon-a lot of the problems have to do with the OS's skill level.  Check out the diaries as well for tips.

Good luck.

Linda :)
>20 yrs. osteo and inflammatory arthritis, fibromyalgia
meniscus repair Sept. 2009
right PKR June 2010
left PKR Feb. 2012

support