Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Just when I thought...  (Read 537 times)

Offline lorilavon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Just when I thought...
« on: March 11, 2013, 03:33:14 AM »
Hi all! It has been a while since I last posted..hope we are all as okay as we can get! So just when I thought I was totally healed and things were great, I went to my follow up and have another scheduled in April. I was able to tell my OS last time that my pain was 0. At the time, it was 0. I don't know what I have done since then, but I can tell you that more often than not my knee hurts like heck! I changed jobs, I have not went back to the gym, I did PT, all of it. Maybe it's because I have put on almost 15 lbs. since the surgery in October. I know I have asked this question before but how long does this take? And when am I going to get rid of the limp? I know that I have a meniscus tear but OS chose not to remove it because it was an "eyehole" type tear like the tip of a needle, I saw the picture it was literally in the middle of my meniscus, I can feel it now though and I wish we would have fixed it. Little history, scope x4, lateral release, medical plication, etc. etc. I am just sad because to even think about stomping the snow off of my boot for example, cannot happen, can't kneel, can't straighten it all of the way, :(

Offline grandmaj

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Just when I thought...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 01:51:25 PM »
hello....i had full knee replacement oct 1 2012..ahd 30 therapy visits..leg was not going back only 95% so got dyna splint for 1 month..made it go back 98%..went to dr january 6  leg not going straight wants 10 its 6..went back in for manipulation..more therapy...just went to dr  march 6..leg still not going straight..now going in again march 18 for manipulation again ..therapy next day..hurts swells..still cant sleep all night dr gave me ambien to sleep...off work almost 6 monthe dont know what out come is  just file to see if i can get disability dont know if ill have job soon...dont know what to do ..can ya help me ?

Offline lorilavon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Just when I thought...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 03:32:26 AM »
Hi sorry to hear this! Have you tried seeing a different doctor? Have you had a recent MRI? It seems that you should be able to bend it more by now. I am sorry you are missing work. I know that ice help/helps me a lot mostly when I sleep. It takes a bit to get used to but it is so worth it! I literally kept ice on mine for three months almost non stop. I also took Melatonin which is a natural sleep aide. I don't know if any of this helps but I hope so!